Seriously folks. We have all had Monday's when you leave work and can't believe that it is only FREAKIN Monday. This was my Monday:
* Woke up just as tired as I was on Friday....WTH. I need to find a way to recharge my battery on the weekends.
* Sophie has "daycare nose"....you know the runny nose that won't go away. I expected her to catch everything, but really her nose has not stopped running since January 2nd! Tried antibiotics, didn't do a thing.
* I was in the office waiting to get a meeting started when my principal told me to come with her; "one of my students" was having a problem in her kindergarten class. ( student is six with significant autism). I am thinking that she is throwing a tantrum, or something. WRONG. Her teacher comes around the corner with her limp body in her arms telling us "there is something not right! She is not responding!" Our principal immediately turns and runs to call 911, and I grab the student to get her on the floor to make sure she is breathing (holy sh*t), which she is thank God. We figure out that she is probably having some type of seizure, and pick her up to bring her to the office. The EMT's arrive quickly after, about the time she wakes up. After someone has a seizure that are usually pretty exhausted, and she was, but she is echolalic, and when I called her name she repeated it back. Her parents came and picked her up and I won't share their odd behavior with you....
* Our school speech pathologist is awesome. She would not let up on a pre-k student (who does not speak English) effectively taking the hearing test. This student had difficulty taking the test, for example raising her hand when she heard the beep. Our SLP pushed and pushed and the system audiologist came out and tested her using some $8000 machine and discovered that the child has a significant hearing loss! Not a little hearing loss, she is likely deaf. She is 4 years old. She also failed the vision test.
* Chris is home sick in bed. He never stays home sick. This is not a good thing. Lets be honest here, men are not good patients.
I hope the rest of my week is quite and uneventful.....one can hope!