Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baseball, Family,and More Baseball

I guess it is Wednesday and I should post about our weekend:) Friday night the hubs company hosted their company picnic at a local baseball park. I think the team is in the Appalachain league. Everyone had a good time and I didn't have to cook!





On Saturday my sister, her husband and two girls came down for a week long visit. They made a special trip here so Helen could take swimming lessons from a woman in town who "guarantees" that your child will be able to swim in 5 days! Sunday we went to another baseball game! (this one I think is a minor league team) The home team won, and the kids were able to go on the field and run the bases after the game. It was hot, hot, hot but the beer was cold and thankfully we were in the shade!On Monday my sister and her husband headed to Ashevill* for a couple of days...and Auntie M (thats me) was in charge of getting Helen to swimming. I am happy to report that Helen was jumping off the diving board at the end of her first lesson! Helen is going in to the second grade and before Mondays swimming lesson would not put her face in the water never mind jump off the diving board! We are all so proud of her!! I hope to have video of her on Friday jumping off the diving board and swimming across the pool!






We also went for a hike on Tuesday. Ben had to work so he missed it...he was sooo disappointed *snort* We hiked about a mile and a half and stopped to have lunch at the waterfall....that was no longer falling water due to the drought. I carried Sophie in my Ergo carrier and only thing I can say is that it is the best carrier ever! Sophie is 25 pounds I am soft and out of shape and my back and shoulders did not hurt from carrying her! If you plan on carrying your little one while you are in china this is the only carrier I would bring!






And because just hanging around the house doesn't seem to be a fun thing to do....we are heading to the science museum. I am going to need a vacation.....

4 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Fun stuff! I love the first pic of Ben and Sophie.

Way to go Helen!

Have fun!

Keep smilin!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Tate said...

FUN TIMES!!! You have such an adorable family.... Love the picture of Sophie and Ben.

Lisa

2:22 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

What do you mean you're soft and out of shape? Didn't I just see a pic of you with bulging muscles? LOL!

Cute pics. I love that one of Sophie eating her fruit.

4:38 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

I love that first photo. Love.it.

I have no clue on carriers, thanks for the tip. I'll just use yours, Sophie will probably be 10 before I go, so I'm sure you won't be using it anymore.

Keep on enjoying the summer.

ps. that hannah is so freaking cute....I'll take her!?!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home