Monday, February 04, 2008

Is it REALLY only Monday......

Seriously folks. We have all had Monday's when you leave work and can't believe that it is only FREAKIN Monday. This was my Monday:

* Woke up just as tired as I was on Friday....WTH. I need to find a way to recharge my battery on the weekends.

* Sophie has "daycare nose"....you know the runny nose that won't go away. I expected her to catch everything, but really her nose has not stopped running since January 2nd! Tried antibiotics, didn't do a thing.

* I was in the office waiting to get a meeting started when my principal told me to come with her; "one of my students" was having a problem in her kindergarten class. ( student is six with significant autism). I am thinking that she is throwing a tantrum, or something. WRONG. Her teacher comes around the corner with her limp body in her arms telling us "there is something not right! She is not responding!" Our principal immediately turns and runs to call 911, and I grab the student to get her on the floor to make sure she is breathing (holy sh*t), which she is thank God. We figure out that she is probably having some type of seizure, and pick her up to bring her to the office. The EMT's arrive quickly after, about the time she wakes up. After someone has a seizure that are usually pretty exhausted, and she was, but she is echolalic, and when I called her name she repeated it back. Her parents came and picked her up and I won't share their odd behavior with you....

* Our school speech pathologist is awesome. She would not let up on a pre-k student (who does not speak English) effectively taking the hearing test. This student had difficulty taking the test, for example raising her hand when she heard the beep. Our SLP pushed and pushed and the system audiologist came out and tested her using some $8000 machine and discovered that the child has a significant hearing loss! Not a little hearing loss, she is likely deaf. She is 4 years old. She also failed the vision test.

* Chris is home sick in bed. He never stays home sick. This is not a good thing. Lets be honest here, men are not good patients.


I hope the rest of my week is quite and uneventful.....one can hope!

8 Comments:

Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

I hope the rest of your week is better :) I miss being your school speech pathologist, it made me sad when I read that--I am jealous!!! haha Miss you and sorry about the Patriots, I know you are NOT happy at all about the game.

5:02 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Holy crapola...I'm tired just reading about that day.

Mine? Yeast, herpes, pap smears and catchin' of a few babies....MUCH more tame.

Hope your week turns around and Chris is feeling better soon...for everyone's sake (because men are not good patients ;0)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Well, good for that speech pathologist!

8:25 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Yep, you get the Academy Award for Bad Monday... wow.

The week has no choice but to better, right?

8:53 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hi, what a terrible day. I hope the rest of the week goes better for you.

I'm a licensed home daycare provider and one of the dads of one of my kids is a doctor who studied at Standford but is naturally oriented. He recommended some great stuff to get rid of daycare nose and it works like a charm. Around here we call it Boogie Juice and they hate it at first and then realize what it does and ask for it, even before age 2.

It's called Alkalol and it's all natural. It's a mucus solvent and more. The instructions he gave are as follows:

Get some nasal spray (I got generic saline), pry the tip off, throw away the contents and wash it well, including the tip.

Fill it with Alkalol.

Spray it up each nostril, aiming toward the back of the head, not straight up. (I lay the kids down for it and then use a 3oz bulb syringe to aspirate the loosened mucus. Older kids can blow their nose.)

This is great for adults, too. It's safe to use at any age, and as often as needed. If the nasal passage is particularly irritated, it may burn for a brief moment the first couple of times, but it will fascilitate healing and won't feel bad after that.

Best of all, a large bottle is less than $4.

I get it at Walgreen's, a chain drug store, but I have to ask the pharmacist for it. It's kept behind the counter I think because they keep it stored in a dark place.

I hope this helps!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

oh man, the week can only get better.. right!

I'm sure you felt totally drained after the little girls episode at school.

Here's hoping that Chris is better really soon. Men are definitely the WORSE when it comes to being sick..

10:39 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Yowza...way to start out a week!!

Hope it gets better.

Keep smilin!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yikes!!!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home