Monday, January 28, 2008

Bullet-o-Rama

I am having a hard time coming up with snappy titles....can't ya tell??

* This is going to be my first full week back to work. So far I have had holiday, teacher work days and bad weather.

* Sophie went to her first birthday party on Sunday at G*ymboree. She spent most of the party trying to get away from this little girl who kept pinching her cheeks...WTH???

* Chris felt the need to point out that the parents at the party "had to be AT LEAST 10 years younger than us!"

* I hadn't noticed. Kinda wished he had kept that little observation to himself!

* Sophie tried out her new little toddler bed ( so cute) last night. I went in to check in on her and Hannah before I went to bed and found Sophie sleeping on the floor! I had the monitor on..... I guess she just kind of slipped out and never woke up!

* I would have missed her sleeping next to me anyway. We will give it a try for naps, and try again around her birthday in the spring.

* We are planning on going to our local Chinese associations New Year festivities. Our FCC is more of a playgroup than a "cultural connection". It would be nice to meet some local families with kiddos from China though....

* Hannah is doing a nice job with Jazzie. They went to puppy school this past Sunday.

* Ben is going to be 13 years old next month....holy crap! That is all I have to say about that!

* Sophie is saying more words. She is FUNNY. She was yelling for Ben in church on Saturday, which cracks us up, because she never just says "Ben" she always yells it! I guess because we are always yelling for him to come to dinner, get out of bed, etc. Hannah and I were cracking up and she wagged her pointer finger at Hannah and told her "no, no" which of course sent us into a fit of the giggles. I just can't imagine our lives without her!

Hope you have a good week!

7 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Pinching her cheeks??? WTH is right! lol... And I cracked up just getting the visual of you in church with her yelling Ben's name!

BTW - went to visit Kristen at the boutique she works at and saw a bag that had a pic on it of a girl that looked just like Hannah. That's not what was noteworthy - what is noteworthy is that I can turn to Kristen - a person I also met online - and say "hey, that looks like Hannah; you know, Maryellen's daughter", as if you're an old friend we see all the time. It's amazing the friendships you make on this dumb old computer :) Miss you!

4:03 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

I get the cheek pinching thing....I look at her pic and just want to pinch those cheeks!

I hear W yell at his brothers just the way I do...so not flattering.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Maia said...

OOF...the ten-years-younger comment really hits home. My best friend from middle school pointed out to me today that her YOUNGEST daughter is now thirteen, the age we were when we met. How did this happen??

2:17 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

She is too funny! She has cheek pinchy appeal to not only the adults but kids too!

Keep smilin!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

totally get you on the being older thing. We took Maddy to a birthday party for our neighbors little boy and we were sitting at the table with the "grandparents' not the parents of the other children. (holy crap... when did THAT happen) LOL
to funny about the yelling. Maddy does the same thing. It's a real eye opener.. LOL

All I can say about being 13 is Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. Yep, that's all I can say about it.. (hugs)

8:58 AM  
Blogger JMCS said...

You are too funny. I guess that girl wanted to pinch Sophie's cheeks because she is cheekalicious. We did a CNY celebration last week and Sofia got her first bite from a kid...YIKES! It's a crazy world out there. Best of luck on your first full week back to work.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)

11:15 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Good week right back atcha.

Hey, I think you are one saucy young mama so tell Chris he better get his babe glasses on!

You're nuthin' but spring chick-a-dees!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home