Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

Last year I wrote a letter to Sophie, this year I decided to write a letter to my blogger friends’ daughters.


Dear Mia,

Your mom will always be there for you, just like she is always there when a friend needs her. She will show you how to be a good friend. She will love you always. She has waited for you to come with a positive attitude and words of encouragement for other waiting moms. She has missed you and thinks of you every day. She has been sad but not for very long though, because she has never doubted for one second that she was meant to be your mom.

Love Mommy’s Friend,
Maryellen


Dear Ava,

So much going on with your family! You are going to have a big sister, two big brothers, 3 dogs, and horses! Your Mom is a professional mommy. There is nothing she takes more seriously than her life as a mom. She will hug you and kiss every day. Your mom and daddy will always love you and keep you safe; they have whispered this promise to you many times. Your sister and brothers will teach you so many new things. They have waited for you too and can’t wait for you to come home.

Love Mommy’s Friend,
Maryellen

Dear Jadyn,

What a strong and determined Mom you have! She is so smart and funny. She will show you that there is nothing that you can’t do once you put your mind to it! Waiting for you has been hard for your mom too, but she has never given up hope that you will be a family. She has prepared so many places in your new home for you. Wait until you see your playroom! Your Mom did that just for you! Your mom has helped so many waiting mommies with her funny stories. They all miss her when she takes breaks; she makes waiting a little easier for so many people. She has a generous heart. She will always love you and you will always be the most important person in life.

Love Mommy’s Friend,
Maryellen

Dear Victoria Grace,

This letter is one of the hardest for me to write. I have seen the tears in your Mom’s eyes. She loves you so much and aches to hold you. She is going to be such a great mom. She is kind and will teach you so many things. She has waited such a long time to be your mommy! She will read you stories, she will act silly and make Christmas cookies with you every year. She will teach you to be strong and believe in yourself. She will love you always; I have seen it in her eyes.

Love Mommy’s Friend,

Maryellen



Dear Baby E,

Your family has waited so long for you! Waiting has not been easy for your mommy or your daddy, but they know that you are waiting for them too. They have prepared a beautiful room for you, that you won’t have to share with any of your brothers! Speaking of your brothers you will have three to teach you so many cool things. They will protect you and love you the only way big brothers can! Your mom will love you always, she has loved you for such a long time already and she hasn’t even held you yet. Her love for you is endless and she will always be there to hold you and keep you safe, but more importantly to remind you that you are loved.

Love Mommy’s Friend,

Maryellen


Dear Gracie Mae,

What fun you are going to have with your Mommy and Daddy! Your home is filled with love, music and lots of laughter. Your mommy will teach to love unconditionally, because little Gracie that is how she loves you. She will show you that you can be strong and still cry. She will sing you songs, read you stories, play dress up and shower you with hugs and kisses. She will love and treasure you always.

Love Mommy’s Friend,

Maryellen


Dear Macey,

Be prepared to have your picture taken! Your Mom can’t help but capture beauty around her, and you Macey will add so much beauty to your Mommy’s life. She is waiting for you and praying for you every day. She will share her love of God and her faith with you each day. She will show you that love is boundless by how much she loves and cares for her patients, friends and pets. She will show the simple yet amazing things all around. She will love you forever, she has promised that in her heart.

Love Mommy’s Friend,

Maryellen



And last but not least I wish all of you a Happy New Year! I hope and pray that this is the year that your daughters come home to the love that waits for them in each of your hearts.

19 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

Oh my God Maryellen, you have me sobbing with this one....
I am going to print this out and show to Ava one day.
Thank you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

OMG, this was the sweetest thing. I am sitting with tears in my eyes. That was wonderful...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Maryellen.. you are AMAZING...
This is the sweetest thing you could do...
You made me tear up...
What a GREAT friend you are...
Have a Great New Years...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Wow...just wow! I went to bloglines and chose your's to read first. And now I'm crying. But it's a good cry.

Your words for me couldn't have been more right today. I've been sad for awhile and have decided that I need to start the new year fresh. And I'm actually feeling a little better. So you're right.....
"I'm not sad for very long".

Thanks friend. I'm keeping this for my Mia also.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a great post for so many bloggy friends. I totally feel in my heart that this will be the year for many. It's been a long and arduous wait but it will be so worth it! It's easy for us to say now that we are home but it's the God's honest truth!

Happy New Year to you and your family. I'm so glad to have been able to meet you this year and count you as a friend.!

1:05 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

You are just the sweetest.

Happy 2008!

Keep smilin!

1:21 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

It's my first cry of the new year.
Thank you for your sweet words. I can only hope and pray that 2008 is our China year.
I am printing this out for my girl one day. She should know that it wasn't only me and daddy willing her to come home.

Much love for the new year!
Thanks Mare!

2:28 PM  
Blogger dreamer said...

what a great idea. I just couldn't bear to recap the year right now, but I liked your spin on it.

8:32 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

You rock girl. I so can't wait to squeeze you again. Bring on blog bash 08, I AM SO READY. Love and hugs and happy new year!! I think if I could settle on her name, I would be writing letters too- but now that I'm questioning what to call her, it's hard :O) Thanks so much for this.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Maryellen - Thank you!

I am speechless. (I can't see the screen because of the tears, so excuse typos.) That is the most beautiful post. I am also going to print it out for Victoria.

Thank you so much.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Stopping in to say Happy New Year!

8:54 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Thank you...you're a love and the only other two words I can say right now are: 'ugly cry' 'cause that's what you've got me doing. You're one of the very best.

I got the holiday picture today with Sophie in the box. I love it and that was one mean feat to bring a smile to my grumpy face of late.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

**ugly cry**

I love you, woman! Printing this out right now...

I have no other words for this other than I am so grateful for this! THANK YOU! You are amazing, and I love you girl!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

What a beautiful post Maryellen!!! I love how you captured the spirit of each of the mommies who are waiting for their daughters! What a precious gift to each of them! I know that they will treasure these. You're a great friend!

9:48 PM  
Blogger JoAnn in NJ said...

Mary Ellen,
God certainly sent an angel to your friends with this post.

You have an amazingly intuitive soul. I cried too and I am not waiting for a child!

Happy 2008 sweet lady!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yep.....that brought me some tears. Beautiful post.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What a wonderful New Year's gift... I can't wait to see all those much-waited for babies!

1:03 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I love this idea. I think I'm going to make it a family project this weekend, and pair it with our big de-Christmas-ing event. Sort of a moving on and pressing forward conversation. Maybe all 6 of us can write individual letters to her . . .

Happy New Year and may the Lord fill this year with more joy and completeness with your new family connections than you could have ever imagined!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I meant maybe all 6 of us here at the Gang can write a letter to OUR little girl in China . . . maybe that was self-explanatory, but the re-read was fuzzy to me!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home