Thursday, December 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home



Sophie and I were "sprung" from the hospital yesterday. It was a rough couple a nights with little sleep. Sophie was a trooper and really did spend 3 days either on her tummy, side or back. I put my laptop in her crib so she could watch some of her DVD's, and that seemed to help a little. She is still a little wobbly but that is getting better each day and is only taking tylenol for pain. Any of us big kids would still be in the hospital with a morphine drip! It is just amazing how quickly children bounce back!
Of course things couldn't go smoothly back on the home front, although I am happy to report that no dogs were lost and there were no emergency room visits. Ben ( our weakest link of late) had been home sick last week with a fever that lasted 5 days, he headed back to school on Tuesday healthy and ready for Christmas break. Hannah on the other hand stayed home having puked all over my bed Monday night! It was the classic "daddy my tummy hurts......" So Chris found himself changing the bed, comforter and all at 2am and trying to help Hannah settle back in to bed after throwing up a few more times! Go ahead an laugh I did! Poor Hannah. When I spoke with Chris all he could say was " I can't wait for 2007 to be over!" Every one is healthy and on winter break, looking forward to Christmas, presents, some rest......and 2008!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Welcome home! Hope you will all have a very merry (and healthy) Christmas!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

We also have a weak link around here.... ;0)

I'm looking forward to 2008 as well! Glad everyone is home and doing great!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Unmadebeds said...

OMG! ME, I tried so hard not to laugh at your post. I think your family falls apart without you and Sophie! Merry Christmas!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Well congrats to your hubby because Bruce can't handle puke. He would have been in the bathroom right beside her.....

So glad Sophie is on the mend......I think our girls are made out of some tough stuff!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

So glad you and Sophie are home and that she is doing better, and that Hannah isn't hurling anymore. Enjoy this weekend and your Christmas!

12:57 PM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

I don't blame you. I would want 2007 over too. Hope you guys have a healthy happy 2008.

Beverly

2:49 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Bring on '08! I'm ready for this year to be done, too.

Glad you two are home safe and sound.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

So glad you are home and all is going well. I am sure you are all exhausted. 2008 is almost here and I think we all need a new year for various reasons.

Smooches to Sophie and family for a wonderful holiday!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Again, so glad to read you are all home. I hope that "bug" that is floating around moves it's merry way right out of your house quickly. Of course, probably makes the dh appreciate you and everything you do all that much more when everything falls in his lap. ;-)

Happy Christmas shopping!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Glad Sophie is doing so well and that you're home for Christmas. Hopefully Hannah is feeling better soon. Poor daddy! Nothing worse than waking up to that! Yuck!

Stay healthy friend! Miss you!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad to hear that all is well... Merry Christmas...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Sweet angel, I am glad you guys are home.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home