Monday, December 03, 2007

This is the End....

Well this ends my SAHM gig anyway. Today was Sophie's first day at daycare and my first day back to work. We both survived. I have 2 meetings tomorrow and picked up 2 more kids to provide special education services.....nothing like jumping right back to work! Sophie did well at daycare Chris dropped her off. We all know that there was no waaay I would have been able to do that without both Sophie and I getting upset. I called and she was doing ok until another little girl bumped in to her and then she started to cry. She went outside to play and was laughing and talking, which is a very good thing! Chris picked her up after nap and brought her back to work. When I came to pick her up from Chris's office she was standing in the door and when she saw me she started jumping up down. Ok...I was running to the door but still, she missed me too! Chris opened the door and my little munchkin came running into my arms. Made me forget about the rest of my day......

10 Comments:

Blogger t~ said...

Awww, that's so sweet. Glad it got off to a good start!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah for Sophie (and Mommy) doing so well your first day apart! I'm sure those moments of her running into your arms must be AMAZING!! Glad your munchkin is doing so well! What a little trooper.

11:17 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Oh man that just made my day... I'm living vicariously through you! Can't wait to know that feeling!

OH... and thank you for the announcement! It hangs proudly on my fridge :O)

11:46 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Sweet hugs at the end of the day...nothing better. Congrats!

Keep smilin!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

I am glad you both survived your first day back! I am sure they have missed you at good ol' SME..I am counting down the days until I can do my SAHM gig...only 4 weeks from tomorrow is my due date!!!! YEAH!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch ouch ouch, you are making my heart hurt for the day I have to go back to work and I don't even 1 Have Maddie 2 Have to leave yet...
Glad it went well for you both!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Glad that all went well...

11:23 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Sweet!!! Hope that this first week back is as ok as that first day was!!!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unmadebeds said...

SNOW DAY! We had a snow day! (not to rub it in...but I miss my little munchkin!)

2:36 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Sucks to be back to work.....but how wonderful to come home to THAT??

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home