Friday, November 09, 2007

Well She Took Care of That!

Just a quick post and I am off to try to get some rest. Sophie is doing much better today. Yesterday was tough. She was pretty pissed off about the IV in her hand and pulled it out! Yep blood every where, poor Chris was holding her. I knew she was going to do that... Anyway around dinner time her medication change started to kick in and we all had a pretty good night sleep. She walked around a little today, waving at people and holding on to her balloon from her buddy Kaylee. Chris leaves tomorrow. I am dreading that, it will be hard to be here for such a long time without him. I have made sure that a volunteer will come by to give me a break, and my fabulous friends will be dropping by from time to time. Taking a shower and trying to eat will be a little tricky but we will manage. Looks like she is going to need additional surgery. It won't be for a few months and we will have it done in NC. Just sucks, but it should not be as difficult as the surgery she has had already.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Glad she is doing okay right now...
Sorry to hear Chris has to leave and she needs more surgery..
Hugs to you all
Kim

6:41 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh Maryellen....I am so sorry this is so hard on all of you. I wish that I could be there to do something to help---let you sleep or shower or something.

You are right. Sucks that she needs another surgery. Try not to think about that part now. Just get the two of you back on track. When do you go back home?

Love and hugs!!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

We are wondering about Emily too. She has her appointment Monday. I wish I lived closer, I'd help you out!!
Hugs!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Hang in there sweetie. I'll be there tomorrow. By noon or so. If you change your mind and need something then call. I'm at your disposal, my dear.
:)

10:15 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Hugs! I am happy that she is doing well but sad to hear of the additional surgery. Take it one step at a time and just focus on her and yourself.

Keep smilin!

2:37 PM  
Blogger EB said...

Hi Maryellen,
It's a few days postop, and I'm hoping that each day is getting better. It's a hard time for Sophie and her loving family. Each day that passes brings you one day closer to going home!
XO
Eileen

10:37 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Maryellen, Maddy and I were thinking we might come down Tomorrow (tuesday) or Friday. I'm sorry poor Sophie has to have the other surgery. I was praying that it would be mild enough for her not to need it. :0( Thankfully you can get that done for her closer to home. I know it must be tough being so far from home without your family here. I wish we lived closer to Cincy. Let me know if Tuesday or Friday is better for you if you get this message in time.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Maia said...

She sounds like a tough and spirited little trooper. I'm sure she'll make it through the next surgery with just as much spunk and spirit. Blessings to all of you, and hang in there!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home