Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Day 2

Day 2 was a tough one for both of us! My little Sophie is one tough cookie. Today she had PICC inserted. She pretty much fought the procedure the entire 30 minutes, she was crying I was crying and the nurses were exhausted from trying to keep her still. She was wrapped in a papoose with her arm sticking out and she screamed, squirmed and cried so much that the nurses warned the next group of nurses for her next prep! She didn't have much energy left when the put a tube in her nose and down her throat, but she lived up to her rep! She let me comfort her, but it was terrible standing by and watching her scream and cry. Sophie's surgery is bright and early tomorrow morning. I am confident that things will go well, but welcome prayers and good thoughts.

11 Comments:

Blogger LaLa said...

Poor baby...and poor Mama having to watch. I hope all goes well tomorrow...hang in there!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

Hi there, I just found your blog through Jazzie and Thalia's. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little girl this morning.
I look forward to your next update.
All the best.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

I'll be thinking of you all day.
I know how hard that had to be. But hang in there. You're both tough cookies!

6:38 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

From one hospital (baby catchin') to another....you both will be on my mind all day.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh that tube hurts so bad that I'm crying for her. It's hard watching your child in pain. Be strong Mommy, she needs you! We are sending good thoughts!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bless her heart

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I will be thinking of you both...
My thoughts and prayers are with you..
SHE will do fine..You are both tough girls..
Hugs girly
Kim

9:24 AM  
Blogger ~ Alison said...

Oh . . heartbreaking =(

Thinking of you & Sophie today.

9:26 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Poor Sophie and Mummy! Thinking of you all today.

Keep smilin!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Poor baby and poor momma, too!

I will be thinking of you both...

Sandra
http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

12:59 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Oh man, poor sweetheart. You know it's the confinement that makes little ones scream like that, I remember it from my peds courses.

I'm praying for you guys daily.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home