Wednesday, October 17, 2007

YAHOO!

Just got a call from Sophie's pediatrician about all her blood work etc and it is ALL GOOD! So happy and relieved. Many children from China have high levels of lead, especially children from Sophie's province. I was worried about her lead level after seeing the pollution in Taiyuan and speaking with other parents of children from Shanxi. But our girl is good....better than good! On another Sophie health note I have purchased our tickets for Ohio and we will be heading to Cincy Children's on November 6th for test etc and then she will be admitted on the 7th. Sophie and I will be in Cincy until Thanksgiving day when we get to head home for some turkey and stuffing and some much needed time with Chris, Ben and Hannah. We are going to miss being away from them for such a long time.

*** I have been sneaking in the veggies and so far no complaints. I bought baby food it is waaay easier than making your own puree. It looks like the only veggies I will need to puree on my own are the broccoli and cauliflower.***

9 Comments:

Blogger RamblingMother said...

What a relief.

Beverly

12:12 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Yeah for Sophie! So glad to hear everything is checking out A-OK with regards to her health. We head to Cincy Childrens next week for Maddy's check up.

I hope to drive down and visit while you are here in Ohio. I'd love to meet you in person and give you some moral support while your girl is recovering!

1:58 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Glad it came back better than good!

Your going to be Chris's new hero when you return, a real reason to be thankful. Wish I was there to hang out bedside with ya.

2:47 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is wonderful news!!

Keep smilin!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

what wonderful news about the blood work.
I soooo wish I could spend time with you up in Cincy at the hospital, I really, really do.....

9:08 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah! So happy to hear of the good health check and also that things are falling in place for Sophie's time in Cincy.

Good tip about the babyfood veggies too.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Such great news!!!!

Sandra
http://jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

6:56 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

And I was going to say that Cinci Children's is awesome!!!

I can be around for moral support if you need it. I'm only about 20 minutes away from Cinci Children's...

8:34 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

What a huge relief! I am glad to hear you are sneaking in your veggies. I have yet to try the book.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home