Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So How are You Doing???


Ahhhh week number two home. I have to say that I glad to have that first week over with!! The TBG gang is back in the swing of things, school, soccer, lacrosse, football and Sophie is happy to be along for the ride! Hannah is feeling better this week having caught up on all of her schoolwork. Ben has the easiest time with jetlag; I guess it is the adolescent brain. He slept better than anyone. Chris is busy with work, and I am home with Sophie amazed at my Inability to get all my housework finished. Well I guess instead of posting I could be cleaning a bathroom or folding some clothes!

Sophie is sleeping much better now that we have hitched up her crib to our bed. We took down one of the side rails and secured the crib to the side of our bed. Now she can “sleep with us” but she is in her crib most of the night. She needs her space to sleep because she moves around so much all night. Last night she only woke up once, sat up and saw me a just crawled over to snuggle and went back to sleep. After she has her surgery we will get serious about seeing if she can sleep with all 4 sides of her crib up! Speaking of Miss Sophie’s surgery, we will be heading to the Cincinnati Children’s hospital on November 4th and she will have her surgery on the 8th. Sophie and I will be in Cincy for almost 3 weeks! That is a long time to be away from home and Chris and I are trying to figure out a good time for him to come with the kids to visit. It also happens to overlap with the Thanksgiving holiday and I am hesitant for them to travel such a distance during the holiday. We will figure out something....none of y'all have a privat jet do ya?? You could fly my fam up for a quick visit....we would be forever grateful!


14 Comments:

Blogger Patti and Co. said...

I love the dog picture!!!! She has a cute smile.

3:36 PM  
Blogger ~ Alison said...

SO glad to hear you are all coming out of the jetlag fog!

That doggie pic is cute! Is she not petrified of your dogs??? Mali was SO SO scared of our cats, she would shake. She did get used to them quickly, but it was awful.

Best wishes in Cincy - Mali & I will be thinking of you . . .

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for the surgery! I really think that if you keep posting such cute pics of her I might have to kiss the computer screen!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

You know I have to comment on the dog picture! It is so adorable! I hope Gabriel likes Rocky and vice versa!

Email me, I need to know about the surgery that Sophie will be having. I miss you,sounds like being a stay at home mommy is keepin you busy!!!

4:38 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

She is so beautiful! I love the last photo and I am also very impressed that she isn't terrified of the dogs. Amazing.

No jet here, but let me know if you find one!

I'll be thinking of you guys and it was so good to hear from you the other night.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

She looks like she is adjusting to the gang very well! Just a cutie.

I'll see you in November sometime during your stay. And I was serious about smuggling in some contraband. LOL!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Glad to hear you are all doing so well...
Love the pictures...
Especially the doggies...
I will be praying for her surgery to go fast and smoothly...
Take care
Kim

8:17 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Oh my gosh - she is a doll! Welcome back to the USA!

Good luck with the surgery!

9:14 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Man I am so falling in love with her! So glad to hear you guys have found your groove again...
wish I could give your family that much needed lift to Cinc... I once wanted to be a pilot, amoung so many other aspirations!

10:42 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Love the photos.

Yeah, I wish I had that jet. I'd get around a lot more and fly you and the fam anyplace.

My home is open to you as well...don't forget that. I'm roughly 25 miles from the hospital so as time draws closer I'm here if the fam needs some room to flop.

2:16 AM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

So cute.

Beverly

3:06 PM  
Blogger polkadot said...

Impressive to see you found a clippie that would stay in her hair! Looks like fun. Sending hugs to her for surgery day. Best of luck and health!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Oh my, she's precious!! Doggy pic is too cute.

Glad to hear everyone's adjusting. Sorry, no jet here or I'd be flying down to visit you in Cinnci.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

OH....CUTENESS!!! Love the doggie pic. Good stuff. Glad things are a bit better in the sleep dept.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home