Monday, September 10, 2007

Sophie's First Day as Member of the TBG Gang

Sorry no pic's we have been busy smooching and giggling with our girl! Sophie has had a good day. She cried when the caretaker tried to give her to me so I just sat down on the floor with sophie and the nanny. I just couldn't rip her out of her arms. She cried for a little, but I think it had more to do with her 4 hour car trip and that it was past lunch and her nap time.

It took Sophie a little bit to warm up to us, but in no time she was making funny faces and cracking Ben and Hannah up! She is as cute as a button and very easy going. She is so smart....I know, but seriously our little 16 month old can work some stacking cups! She has obvioulsy been well cared for and loved. I will find out more info tomorrow when we finalize the province paperwork.

Our girl took her first steps with us tonight ( with Hannah). She is a little wobbly but I think she will making alot of noise with her squeaky shoes before we get home! The only big trauma of the day was when I tried to give her a bath. You would have thought I had dipped her in a pot of oil! She was trying to climb out of the tub! It was like she was in "flight mode". I think her next bath will have to be in the sink and with a sponge.

I will post some pic's later, I promise!

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She sounds so delightful!

10:26 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Aww, she sounds adorable!

Pictures....Picutes, I said pictures please!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Congrats!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

OH~ Congratulations! Sound like a terrific first of many! I keep checking looking for pictures :D Post some soon!

Oh~ BTW~ the way that you described bath time sounds so familiar. LiLi hated it above all other things. We ended up doing the sink and sponge method with a 15 month old in China :D Good Luck!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What a sweetie! Sounds like everyone is doing great! Can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet sophie. :0) Makes me want to leave right now for our maddy.

1:12 PM  
Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh, that is simply amazing! I can't remember how I found your blog, but I've been lurking and waiting for pictures and updates. I'm so happy for you all. Can't wait to fill my blog some day with all these happy posts! Congrats, God Bless you all and may your first days together be wondrous and fulfilling and full of joy and love!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Patti and Co. said...

We want more pictures!!! I am so happy she walked with Hannah. Hannah must be so happy. I can't wait to give her a squeeze. Helen loves her chunky legs. More Pictures PLEASE.

4:53 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

So glad things are warming up nicely. I can only imagine how excited Ben & Hannah must be!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

If there are not pics here within 24 hours I am comin to China!!

I am so glad that things are going well....sorry about the bath.

6:09 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Congrats!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!!

Keep smilin!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Sophie is so lovely... I am very happy for all of you!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unmadebeds said...

I'm SOOOO happy for all of you! I can't wait to see more pictures. I told you September 9th was a special day! Good luck with the bath!

11:15 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

yea yea yea... i'm getting very choked up reading... so happy for you guys!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger RamblingMother said...

Congrats! She is beautiful.

Bevelry

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home