Friday, September 07, 2007

Day 1 China September 7th

We had a super busy day of touring Beijing yesterday. We went to the Forbidden City, Tinnamen Square, a pearl factory, a silk factory, rickshaw ride and an acrobatic show. Everything was great, although we aren't big fans of being a part of a tour group we had an exhausting day! Today we are heading to the Great Wall, a jade factory,and the Living Hope Learning Center. We are all hoping to have enough energy left to go out at night and walk around.

Let me tell you that it is not only the street sellers who can be very aggressive, the salesperson at the pearl factory was insane. She wouldn't leave me alone to look or think. I kept walking away from her, trying to get to Chris, but she would not leave me alone. I was pissed that she was so aggressive. I wished that I didn't buy anything. I won't buy anything at the Jade factory today if I run into another salesperson like that again! On a shopping note Beijing is not inexpensive as far as shopping goes. I have heard to buy silk and pearls in Beijing because they are more expensive in the markets in on Shamain Island.

The food has been good (nothing strange), the kids have been great and are really enjoying themselves. We are all anxious to meet Sophie!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kayce said...

Congratulations! I was just going through old comments and remembered I hadn't seen you in a while...my bloglines dropped a bunch of my blogs!
I'm so excited to see you are in China on your way to Sophie!! I'm glad I found you again!

Enjoy the next few days!!!

8:55 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Oh my god I'm just trying to picture your face as you were being haggled to death...

Glad it's been a good experience though in most ways. Not long before that precious girl is in your arms... it's mind blowing.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryellen, I wish I could be there with all of you but I am there in spirit. I can't wait to see Sophie. School started for me and I am exhausted. Please give Chris and the kids a kiss from me and reming Hannah, that when she meets Sophie to give her an extra kiss from me. I love you,,,Mom

10:23 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

I can't believe that the kids are doing so well - that is awesome!!!! don't like being part of a huge group of people either... I don't like people very much...lol.....

Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Bobby and Regina said...

Maryellen,

All the stuff they have you doing is keeping you busy so the time passes quickly until you have that angel in your arms! I can't wait to see her in pictures with you! I can tell you that there is nothing in the world like what you will feel when you see her in person and hold her! AMAZING is close, but not it - it is just indescribable! How you can love someone so much that you just met for the first time - it's a God thing...

Love,
Regina

10:34 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I can't believe how they wear you out all day with the go, go, go! We like to chill....maybe the Beijing tour wasn't a good thing for us....oh well, hubby has signed us up.......

I hate pushy sales people too!!!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

It's great to hear how well your first day went...busy! Too bad about the aggressive vendors. Not fun!

Looking forward to hearing about the Great Wall!

2 more sleeps to Sophie day? (Or, maybe only 1 for you when you read this?) Wahoo!!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Thanks for that life-saving food comment. My picky palate may survive after all.

Signed -

Ms. No-Heads

12:16 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yea....the were pretty tough with me too. SOmehow I was just so tired I dealt with it. Hope the Jade Factory was better. They were good with us there.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home