Saturday, November 24, 2007

TBG Update

Sophie and I got home safe and sound on Thanksgiving day. Believe it or not it was one of the easiest travel days I ever experienced! Chris and Hannah greeted us as we got off the plane.....Ben was sleeping in the car. Sleeping??? Yes not only has my eldest child dislocated his elbow this week, he seems to have a gotten himself tangled in some poison ivy. I took one look at my handsome sons swollen face, half opened eye and scalded cheeks and told Chris he was going to need to drop us off at the emergency room. No urgent care offices were open because of the holiday. I took a picture of Ben but he asked me not to post it.....it really is horrible. Thank goodness our wait was short at the emergency room, only an hour and a half. We saw the doctor and after she gasped she promptly wrote a script for steriods and made me promise that we would do the 14 days that she prescribed. It already is looking better, he is still a little swollen, but nothing close to what he looked like the other day. Poor kid.

Hannah was happy to see us and I think she may have even grown while we were in Cincy. She and Sophie are getting to know eachother all over again. Sophie walked in to the house on Thursday and started dancing she was so happy to be home! Too cute!

No new dog news. She has a collar and a microchip. I am placing an ad in our local newspaper and we are posting lost posters at the vets, and pet stores in town.

13 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

UGH.. poor Ben

So glad you guys got home safe and sound with an uneventful trip. How was that Thanksgiving dinner?

So sorry about the dog. :0(

2:07 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Oh no... that sounds like an awful way to spend Thanksgiving.
But I'm sure at that point you were just happy to be with the family...no matter where you were.

Hope Ben feels better soon. I've had awful poison ivy like that. It sucks. And geez.. I guess I assumed you'd found your dog like the times before. Still gone, huh? I hope she finds her way home soon.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Ohhhh...Poor Ben! I am glad the medicine is working already.

I hope you were able to enjoy a bit of your 'catered' Thanksgiving. ;0) Hopefully Miss Pup will have her vacation and head home soon!

Thinking of all of you!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

SOOO happy you are home. Poor Ben...poor everyone. Good god you need a break.............and a few beers!

Hugs to you and family. PLEASE find your dog!!!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Unmadebeds said...

Man, when it rains, it pours! Sorry it's been so hectic at your house. We're thinking of you guys!

PS- Going back to work after 6 months...not cool!

7:47 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Glad your home safe. It sounds like your family really can't live without you! Poor Ben, poor dogs, poor Chris.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Poor Ben! That's just miserable! Sorry he's dealing with so much.

Glad Sophie was happy to be home and is enjoying spending time with her big sister.

Happy belated Thanksgiving friend!

11:54 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

So much going on!

Hope you hear good news on your pup and that Ben has an uneventful recovery too.

I wish I had been able to see more of you during your Cincy time. You and the Sophanista have been on my mind and I am glad you had a safe trip home!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

Gosh, I am glad to hear that you guys made it back safely and that Ben is doing better. Sounds like you had an interesting Thanksgiving, to say the least! I hope that Daisy makes it back home safely, I will be thinking about her and you guys.
Love ya!

5:49 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Mama is back in town!!

Poor Ben! I hope he feels better soon.

Great to hear that you both made it home safe and sound.

Keep smilin!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

I'm SOOO sorry that there's no news about your puppy! And Ben??? If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have none at all! Ugh!!! But I'm glad to hear that traveling was painless and that Sophie is happy to be at home :) And ditto on Colleen's beers! Hugs, chica!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

So glad you made it home safely! Sounds like your family really missed you too!
I hope you get some good news about your dog soon too.

10:10 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

So glad you guys are home safe, sorry about Ben- dang- that sounds awful, hope he's better very soon, and that you hear about your dog... I'd be going insane wondering where my Boob is!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home