Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tales from a Lazy Blogger

Sorry. I actually have stuff to post but I am lazy. I have Christmas stuff all over the house. I still need to put up one more tree, and I’m not sure if out Christmas village will make it out of boxes this year. It is a pain to take all the houses out and arrange the village with the snow blah blah blah. I am sure Hannah will guilt me in to putting it up by Sunday.

Here is what we have been up to:

Sophie the day of her clinic appointment in Cincy. Her t-shirt says "All hands on the poop deck" It was a big hit with her doctors!


Here is a picture of Ben in the ER on Thanksgiving day. His poison ivy was so bad that he will be on steroids for 14 days. Did I mention that steroids can make someone a little hostile??? Mix that with a 7th grade attitude and Ben will be lucky to make it to his 14th day of his medication!


On Sunday night Hannah and I went to the Hannah Montana concert. It really was nice to see all the moms with their girls. We had good seats and the show was pretty good. Hannah enjoyed herself and we met up with some friends for dinner after the show.

Hannah with E, M, and M for their GNO


Hannah ready for the show to start




*for those of you who like Tracy really want to see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, most places hold back tickets and you can buy them the day of the show. They aren't the best seats. We saw a friend of Hannah's at the show and they got their tickets that day. It is worth a try.**

We have been busy and I am soooo glad to be home. It looks like Sophie will need one more surgery, and that will be done locally. We meet with the surgeon next week and will hear what he has to say. I also go back to work on Monday. I am not sure how I am going to do this, but I guess we will figure it out. Chris will be bringing Sophie to daycare and I will be picking her up each day. We found a developmental center where the students are a mix of typically developing kiddos and kids with special needs. They will screen Sophie in PT, OT and Speech and all those services are there if she needs them.

On another note a friend just found out she has a brain tumor. Please pray for her and her family.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Sounds like you are super busy...
Love the pictures..
Sounds like everything is going better well..
My prayers are out for your friend..
Have a Wonderful Week..
Kim

12:31 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

I knew the docs would love the shirt! She's so stinkin cute in it!

My... you've been busy. I'm with you on the decorating thing. Even though that was my job over the weekend.... nothing got done. Nothing. My heart just isn't in it this year. I don't think I'm gonna drag all the crap out.

Hope Ben is feeling better soon. For you and Chris' sake, too. LOL!

Thinking of your friend. That's hard.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Love Sophie's shirt! Too cute!

Poor Ben..and poor mom! great comment about surviving...or not, to day 14 of his medication.

My niece would love to go to a Hannah Montanna concert. I'll keep my eyes open and see if she's heading north.

Thanks for the updates.

9:04 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Not lazy...busy! I hope Ben is better soon. Your girls are just beautiful.

I hope there is a good prognosis for your friend.

Keep smilin!

9:04 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

So sorry about that last line of bad news. She will be in my prayers.

Hannah looks marvy, Sophie so cute in her 'poop deck' tee...and POOR BEN! Awe wow...you all need a little break.

9:49 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

So glad you updated, I was getting ready to call you while I was sitting outside today. Naturally, my plans changed with a screaming child.... *sigh*

I so know that I must have been the Tracy you were talking about...cuz you know I'm dying to see HM in concert! ;0) Of course, your Ms. Hannah looks all happy to be holding that seat down.

Poor Ben. No, poor U. Tell me the 7th grade attitude isn't worse than the 6 grade attitude?

So sorry about your friend, praying for her. Hard news to swallow, esp. this time of year.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Wow, you guys are busy!! Glad you enjoyed the HM concert!!! Good luck with going back to work. I feel for you!!
Your friend is in my thoughts. One of my closest girlfriends gave me the same news yesterday. She goes for her cat scan tomorrow. Not fun.

11:51 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Love the pics, so glad Sophie is doing well (the t is the BEST)- and man, I'm sorry Ben has to be on roids! They suck- and they do alter your mood horribly. Poor guy. Poor mom?

I'm totally bah hum bug this year. With mom gone, I don't know- just hasn't been the same since. Plus I have to work anyway, I live alone, so what the hell, right? It's just a big mess I'll have to clean up :O)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Good Sunday Morning!! ;o)

Poor Ben! I sure hope everything is much better now.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. I am sure your class will be happy to see you! I hope all goes well with the next doctors visit!

Your friend is in my thoughts.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Maia said...

Oh poor Ben, what a nightmare!

That poop deck shirt is the best!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home