Sunday, July 15, 2007

Still Here!

Hmmm where the heck have I been you ask??? Well we are on week number 2 with the fam visiting. My Mom was here last week and we had a great visit. She spoiled all the kiddos, including Sophie! No sooner did my Mom roll out, my Dad and my sister and her girls rolled in! Kids and all of there stuff is scattered all over our house. Ben is sleeping in our room on an air mattress, I tried having him sleep in the front living room in an effort to perserve some "husband -wife time" ......but that didn't work out. Chris and I may need to meet at a hotel room before the week is over! My sister and our have been busy going to the pool, roller skating, and Tuesday we are heading to Carowinds for some over priced fun! In the middle of all this I am having a "dental issue" that needs to be taken care of once my dentist gets back from the beach. Ugh! My husband is in a major nesting mode, which means lots of projects around the house, its kind of cute. Oh and speaking of Chris I should wish him happy anniversary. We have 2 wedding anniversaries and we always forget the summer one. Chris and I got married the first time by JP. Chris was just starting his business and was diagnosed with an eye disease that required special and expensive contacts. He didn't have any insurance and I did. We got secretly married so he could get his contacts on my health plan. Only our parents and siblings knew about our first wedding, we had our big wedding 4 months later. We never forget that anniversary!


I just took a look at our LOI counter and can't believe that our LOI has been in China for 25 days today. Last week we found out that Sophie has not had her surgery. This is good and bad news. Bad news because this can impact her overall health, but good that we found the BEST doctor for her SN at the Cincinnati Children's hopital.People come from all over the world to go this clinic and see this doctor! Our agency is trying to expedite our travel etc so we can get her home and to a doctor. We are hoping to send antibiotics and vitamins with a family that is traveling soon or through our agency. I am hoping that we hear something this week about our LOA. Chris keeps reminding me that our girl is strong, she has lived in China without her surgery. She is waiting for us to come get her and get her all fixed up! Hang in there baby girl we are coming as fast as China will let us!!

As for you Bodacious Bloggers out there.....I'll see ya Friday!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

...and you know who will have to spend some time with you and Sophie when you visit Cincy Childrens???

Of course you do!!!

See ya soon.

11:54 PM  
Blogger aimeeg said...

Things definitely sound busy for you guys! Hope you can squeeze in some quality time with the hubs this week ;)

I am hoping that the travel happens super fast for you!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I didn't know you could send medictions ahead, tha is very inersting and cool. you're baby girl will just thrive back to health with you. I'm looking forward to hearing your travel plans (soon fast speedy).

9:09 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

keeping your little girl in my prayers!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Oh my gosh.. you are coming to Cincy when you have your girl. You'll have to let me know too so I can come visit ya while you are here. We too are using the clinic at Cincy Childrens!

I'll be praying for your little one to hang in there until she gets here!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM;

Happy Anniversary... I remember that day and you looked beautiful on that day also. Have a great time in Atlanta with your Bodacious Bloggers LOL. Sophie is in my prayers and don't worry the gang will be gone before you know it. And peace will reighn again. Miss you...Mom

9:42 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thinking of you....LH is too quiet!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

My DH keeps saying the same things to me! It still does not make it any easier.

4:05 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

So much good stuff going on!

Keep busy and soon your little one will be in your arms!

Keep smilin!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Ditto what Connie said....

I'll say some prayers for little Sophie.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's cool you KNOW that she has not had her surgery and that you can line up the right care... and in the meantime, ditto Chris... she looks happy and healthy in her photos and I'm sure they are taking very good care of her. Can't wait to hear that you have TA!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I hear you about visitors - soooooo looking forward to a quiet weekend!!! Family is really wonderful, especially when they spoil everyone!!! Have a great weekend!!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home