Saturday, June 23, 2007

This and That.....

Just a few of the things going on in TBG Land.....

Ben left today for his National Technology conference. He won't be home unitl Thursday night, I really pushed for Chris to let him go ( code for come up with the cash). This week I changed my mind.....he will be 8 hours away for 6 days. Chris laughed this morning at the thought of me being away from Ben and Hannah for 2 weeks when we go to China. Not to worry though, we decided waaaaay back that they would be coming with us to meet their baby sister.

We are still waiting for our loveseat and sofa that I ordered 2 weeks before we got our referral. We have painted the room and the built-in cabinets. I have ordered the window treatments and the pillows for the furniture. This is my referral theory; as soon as we decided to redecorate the family room with new furniture and window treatments we layed out the $$$. We were not expecting a referral anytime soon, so why not right??!! 2 weeks to the day that I ordered the furniture we got our referral! ( DISCLAIMER: this is not a scientifically proven theory, but our baby girl is going to have a fabulous family room to hang out in with her brother and sister!)

I had a doctors appt. this week for my yearly physical. I don't go to an ob/gyn my regular doc takes care of me head to toe. Anyway I ususally count on them being about 20-30 mintues behind. I waited total of an hour and fifteen minutes and I still had not seen my doctor! The nurse took me back and did the ususal but I was still waiting for the doctor an hour and fifteen minutes. I had to get dressed and leave before I saw my doctor, Ben had a dentist appointment. I wasted an hour and fifteen minutes of my day! I tried not to be nasty, I know that all it takes are two old ladies who have been looking forward to seeing Dr. M so they could tell her EVERYTHING, and the office gets behind schedule. But when they called me to reshedule the receptionist said "oh, here we go I have a 15 minute block right here that I can put you in." What???? could this be the problem?? I don't have anything wrong with me and I know that my appointment is going to last longer than 15 minutes!! WTF???

It is amazing what you can find out on the adoption yahoo boards. On Sophie's province board I found out that all if not most of the babies and toddlers had been moved to foster care in May due to a insect problem. Also that when sending care packages to our little ones remember that the mailman makes delivieries on a bike and won't deliver packages he can't carry. I also found out that Sophie was on another agency WC list back in December.

Hannah is having a great time at artsploration camp. It is a half day program through our school system. She gets to do all kinds of cool stuff like dance, music, drama, art etc. They will put on their performance on the last day of camp. I will post
some pictures.

Both Ben and Hannah did well in their first swim meet of the season. Both won 3rd place ribbons.

This part of the wait is harder than I anticipated. Hopefully it will fly by....

I cannot wait to go on my "girls only get away" in July!

8 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

You do have a lot going on...chasing your tail yet?

If I ran over an hour behind for my patients, I swear I'd feel so guilty I'd be offering them gift certificates. One benefit to there being a bunch of us is we can kick in and help each other when the need arises.

I may have to try that secret. If I shell out another fortune on the house and furniture and make myself bankrupt - I predict China will speed up. Perhaps I should try this.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Whew! You sure are busy!

I hate to waste that much time in the doctor's office. I wish they would realize that our time is just as important as theirs.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

hmnn...spend lots of money-referral arrives...hmnnn...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

OK - that would SEND me to wait that long...

You are lucky that you can find a yahoo group for Sophie. Hannah seems to be in some secret SWI. We cannot get any info on it at all...only heard there is a change she was or will be moved. Frustrating.

Funny on the furniture and the $$. I agree with the theory, since I dropped $1,000+ to go to Disney and the call came when I was on the plane ride down there!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, yes, this is the longest part of the wait, and then all of a sudden WHOOOOSH you're on a plane.

And yay for Ben! That's so exciting.

Finally, I am shocked - really shocked - that Sophie was on another list and was not placed. What is wrong with people/agencies? Of course, I am thrilled that she made it to you, where she belongs, but you know what I mean.

Heather

12:31 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

I am also finding this part of the wait very tough. I am ready to go! I was told by my agency to send just a shoebox sized care package because the delivery person won't carry anything much bigger!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

An hour and 15 mins? That is ridiculous!

Congrats on Ben's swim meet!

You think if I add a second bathroom to this tiny little house I'll end up in China by the time we finish it? lol...

I wish I had a camp like Hannah's when I was a kid - that sounds amazing!!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow those are interesting things you learned on your yahoo group. Ill have to remeber to check there when I am finally matched. And that she was on another list and not matched....destiny.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home