Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jumping for Joy!!!



There is little to get excited about during this freakin wait and wait some more for Sophie, but it looks like we will be able to renew our I600-A without HAVING TO WRITE ANOTHER CHECK FOR SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS!!!! Go to this link to read the government's statement. http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FinalFeeRuleQsAs052907.pdf

This is how I understand it but I will be calling our agency tomorrow to double check. If your I71-H expires after Aug. 1st and later, the renewal is free, if they receive it after the 1st of Aug. So before July 31st, you still get the lower fee, After July 31st, it's free. You only have to pay the new finger print fee.

Hmmmm now what will I spend the $650 on now.......

11 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I heard a little rumor in bloggy land that we share an LID (3-29-06) so I wanted to pop on over and wish you a happy LID today (if that's right?) and send you a little bloggy hug. It's not to often that I have come across those who share the date, so when I do, I like to say hello.

Love this post - great news!

Cb

12:35 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I know... we are very excited about the fee waiver as well.... we were going to wait and let ours expire, but now that we know about this freebie we will definately go for the renewal!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hope we can do this! Let me know what you find out from LH!
Carol

2:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

650$ can go a looooooong way! Hurray for you! Bills, shoes, trip, shoppin spree.....

2:15 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is great! A little joy in bureaucracy-land.

Keep smilin!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Finally ~ A Good Thing. :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Glad this is going to work out for you.

I missed the flippin' cut off on expiration by about 10 days...wah, wah, wah. Okay, I'm finished now.

Congrats!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I'm so glad too, but I did'nt see where we have to pay for the fingerprints, I thought it would all be free to re-new, just the way I read it, but I guess I will ask our agency, mine expires in September, so we will be some of the lucky ones!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Jewels of My Heart said...

Glad you have some happy news during this wait.
God's Speed

8:47 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

Certain you'll find someway to spend that $650...
If you can't figure it out...I could make you a list...

5:40 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

holy crap update with a new post, will ya? ;) Maybe start a poll about tattoo's :P

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home