Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF.....Seriously!

Only 15 days of school left. I usually don't keep a close count, but today was not a great day. I won't share any details except to say that people who feel it is ok to be rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional SUCK! Anyhoo, it's Friday, the hubs is taking me out to dinner, I will be enjoying some adult conversation along with some adult beverages. I hope that everyone has a great weekend. C'mon summer vacation.......

YOU might be a school employee if....

...you believe the playground should be equipped with Ritalin salt lick

...you want to slap the next person who says, "Must be nice to work 8 to 3:30 and have summers off

..it is difficult to name your own child because there's no name you can come up with that doesn't bring high blood pressure as it is uttered

...you can tell it's a full moon or if it going to rain, snow, hail....anything!!! Without ever looking outside

...you believe, "shallow gene pool" should have its own box on a report card

...you believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says, "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."

...when out in public, you feel the urge to snap your fingers at children you do not know and correct their behavior

...you have no social life between August and June

...you think people should have a government permit before being allowed to reproduce

...you wonder how some parents MANAGED to reproduce

...you encourage an obnoxious parent to check into charter schools or home schooling and are willing to donate the UHAUL boxes should they decided to move out of district

...meeting a child's parent instantly answers the question, "Why is this kid like this?"

...the words "I have college debt for this?" has ever come out of your mouth

AND LAST BUT NO LEAST....
.... you know how many days, minutes, and seconds are left in the school year !

12 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Oh My Goodness!!! That is the PERFECT list! I could shout YES! to each and every one!!!!

Sorry your day was so bad. The finish line is in sight!

8:14 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Ohh...I love this one. I relate to that 'shallow gene pool' diagnosis as well. Another fave? "Two neurons - no synapse"

Ritalin salt lick...so bad! ;0)

8:47 AM  
Blogger aimeeg said...

Wow, those are all seriously the complete truth!

18 days for us.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

YES, YES, YES, YES and More Yes...God I am ready for summer break! I am wondering who the rude person was???? It is at this point in the year that I really feel I won't even be able to make it the last 15 days...especially without all my caffeine and the use of adult beverages....HELP!!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Ahaha! I'm cracking up down here. I'm wondering if I can get me a Ritalin salt lick for the summer break!

I frequently click on Alison's site just to check how much longer I have till my brain starts to spin for the 'summer break' countdown.

Enjoy your Koolaid!

9:14 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Oh that is a great list! Gotta copy and paste that to my sis!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great list. So much truth to it. There are many 'special' people out there huh?

11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Praying for you.

GLad I found your blog

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hmnn, I could write a similar one for the Retirement Industry and we don't have breaks!! Both my parents, my brother and one of my best friend's are teachers and I HATE it when people talk about how they get paid too much to have summer breaks. Do they have ANY idea of the extra time teachers put in ?!!? I could go on but I HEAR you loud and clear!!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger chad-roscoe said...

that list is hysterical!
If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't get any better at college! :p
hello Alice Cooper! (get it? :) )
xx~
di

12:36 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Just came accross your blog and I must say that list is sooo true! In fact, I just today heard someone say that teaching is not a "real full-time job" because you get the summers off. HA! Teaching is such a full time job, that after getting my teaching certificate, I'm not going to do it! Hello Starbucks! - the place where you go to work, and don't have to bring work home!
Love the list! Congrats on your referral, too.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should credit lists that are not yours.. at the VERY least labeling them Spam..

Even in the comments did you not own up to it..

Bah Humbug

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home