Monday, April 23, 2007

Wish I had Better News


The latest adoption rumors…. suck. Since it is only the beginning of the week I am sure the rumor mill will get quite a work out by Friday. In case you were still trying to pick your self off the floor after the 3- year wait rumors from last week, you might want to just go ahead and lie down. It seems that the White Swan Hotel will be closing in December for 10 months.

Source: www.lifeofguangzhou.com
The White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou will embark upon a 10-month renovation this December, after the recent approval from Guangdong Provincial Government.

The five-star hotel plans to close its business entirely during the large-scale renovation, which will cost 530 million yuan (67.9 million USD).

The facade, rooms, lobby, air-conditioning systems, power supplies and parking lots will all be renovated. A new 1,000-square-meter convention center and a multi-floor underground parking lot will be built.

Following the re-development, rooms will be larger, but somewhat fewer than the present 843.

The renovation designers are the ones who drafted the original design of the White Swan Hotel some twenty years ago, in order to maintain the style continuity.

The hotel is the fourth five-star hotel in the city to undergo significant renovations in recent years, following the Dong Fang, Garden and China hotels, following increasingly severe competition in the top-end hotel business, with more premium hotels entering the Guangzhou market.

(By Ronald Li and David Kelleway)

12 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

If the wait continues to climb this may not affect us. :)
We will get to stay in the brand new hotel.

11:09 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh great, just lovely.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ha ha good one Stacy!
Carol

2:32 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Maryellen our agency needs to change the website. Still reads referral in 12 to 16 months........
Well I'm 12 tomorrow so I'll have Emily's picture in less than 4 months right?????? hee hee

8:11 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh well. Short of telling me I'll never get my child home, there is nothing that even upsets me anymore.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I agree with C.J...as long as I get my baby... I'll take a couch of any color! :) I heard of this rumor a while ago and I hear it confirmed in several places. I've been to Guanzhou and there are several other very nice hotels...but I doubt they give out the Chinese Barbie doll! :) Bummer.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I hate all of these rumors. Just pure torture!

12:04 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

I agree with all of you! I was disappointed to hear that we may not be able to have the WS experience, but I would rather have our girl and stay at a Holiday Inn!

-Maryellen

4:47 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have only heard the rumors of this famed hotel. Though, according to my agency, Canadians don't stay there (I wish I could though).

7:03 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

And the hits just keep on comin'...

Well, like Stacy and Connie said, nothing affects me at this point as I have probably longer to wait han most, and besides - it's be brand spankin' new by the time we get there...lol

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems nothing in China stands still! We were utterly SHOCKED by all the changes in China that occured between our first adoption journey in 1996 and our second one in 2002. Sounds like even The White Swan will be different when we return to China a few years hence with our three kids to retrace their roots.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

I hate these terrible rumors. I just won't believe it!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home