Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Off To a Weird Start.....

I started this post at the beginning of the week when I had my the first sign that it wasn’t going to be a regular week.

• On the way to school I spotted a car with 3 crazy bumper stickers…. one had a picture of the confederate flag and it said, “worth fighting for”, the next one said, “Speak English or Leave”, and the third on said, “ Illegal immigration is a form of ethnic cleanings.” Ok I know that I live in the South and these types of bumper stickers are not uncommon. The freaky thing was the person who was driving the car…was a cross dressing man!! I swear I can’t make this crap up! I have seen this particular man dressed as a woman at the grocery store. And I need to add not nicely dressed and with bad hair. If there is by chance a man reading this who likes to wear women’s clothes please listen… “ I t is not easy being a girl, it takes work fellas.”

• Hannah told her soccer coach that she could not head the ball because her mother told her not to because she could damage her Frontal Lobe. LOL True, her crazy mother did tell her that. Her coach said something to the effect that she might want to find a new sport to play. Wasn’t that nice. I am thinking they may need to work on some more basic skill like trapping the ball or throwing the ball in correctly…and if they aren’t going to head the ball the right way they will get hurt. Ummm these are 9 and 10 year old girls. She will not be on this team next year.

• We were talking about our flight to China. Chris and I have playfully argued about flying coach or business class. I am determined to get bumped to business class. I read on APC that people have played the adoption card and asked if they could bump up to business and that it was pretty easy and not necessarily as expensive as if you book business class. Anyway we were talking about that and Ben said and I quote “ Mom, if it’s a guy at the ticket counter just use your woman magic and we will get bumped up no problem.” Chris and I almost died laughing!!

• I have been to so many trainings this year (state improvement grants, crisis intervention training, EC conference etc) and each time I have to fill out a professional leave form. Our school secretary, who is fabulous by the wayJ, has been trying to track me down to fill out a form for a training that I went to the first week of April. I have been to so many trainings I couldn’t fill out the form until she told me what other teachers were out that day! This would be a sign that I have been out of the building waaaay too much this year!

• I walked into one of my classes to see one of my first grade students wearing Mickey Mouse ears. Hmmmm... He did go to Disney over spring break. So I asked A, “what’s up with the Mickey Ears??” His reply, “I have not been listening very good this week, we think the extra set of ears might help.” I love this kid….he cracks me up!!



And it is only Wednesday.......

11 Comments:

Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

I love Hannah and Ben! Reminds me of when she thought Cedric was French!! Hey, you know it is always crazy after spring break! Gotta tell me who was wearing the Mickey Ears----question, did it help at all???? Maybe we should get them for everyone!!!
HA HA
Hang in there, tomorrow is HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

That Mickey Mouse ears comment is priceless. I'll have to remember that in the future if/when I have a little one who is NOT LISTENING...Hilarious!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Hehehe...funny stuff.

I wondered where my cross-dressing ex moved off to ;0) (KIDDING, people)

I think I better go head a few balls.

Puttin' my ears on ;0)

8:30 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

LOL! I need to get my boys some Mickey ears if that will help!

It takes more work to be a woman than a man will ever realize.

I can't think of flying to China without breaking out into a full sweat complete with heart palpations....moving on....

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I LOVE the Mickey Ears! I totally have to steal that idea. People already think my classroom is the crazy house!
Good thing it's Thursday!
Jenn

10:11 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

Those events make for interesting highlights to a week!

Keep smilin!

11:40 AM  
Blogger aimeeg said...

Definitely an interesting week! I love that Ben is learning about "working it" already:)

And you gotta love the ears story! It's better than my first grader saying, in reference to a boy in a book climbing over a fence, that "he might hurt his balls".

3:22 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOL...funny what Ben said....boys. Well now it is Thursday and almost done at that. Hope tomorrow is an easier one.

AND...I shall have my Mickey ears on soon. Going to DISNEY BABY!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

What a week! I think the Mickey Mouse comment is the best!! How cute!

I have been trying to talk hubby into business class, that is a no go. I never thought of the bumping card. I may have to stash that in my stack. :)

Thanks for the smiles!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

THANK YOU for the LAUGH!!!!! Needed that today!! Too funny...I like the "extra ears" idea...I know some people who might benefit!!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Maybe I'll try my woman "magic" when my turn comes! That is too funny. Love the extra ears comment... gotta share that one with my sis, who has 4 crazy boys!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home