Friday, April 06, 2007

The Journey



Today is our first day of our much needed spring break. I wish it was starting off better than the CCAA only matching 2 days of LIDS. My heart breaks for those late October LIDS who thought for sure they would be next. There is one friend in particular that my heart goes out to, she is a terrific person who will look back on this journey and be amazed by her strength and determination to be with her daughter.

The two days worth of LIDs has freaked me out on yet another level. It is quite possible that we will not complete our adoption until this time next year. That is insane. Chris mentioned that he thought I have been less focused on our adoption and more relaxed since I put all of Sophie’s stuff away. I think that he is right in some ways, but on the other hand I feel much sadder about the wait. Sophie’s things are put away, but not a day goes by that I don’t think about her, and the day she will be physically part of our family. I guess I just feel less optimistic, I know that we will have Sophie home before I age out of the China adoption program, but the thought of another year is crazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

I know exactly how you feel. Just a week ago I had hopes of a referral by the end of the year. If this is a new trend ~ who knows.

One can only hope they change it for the better ~ soon.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I feel the same way!! I am trying "laugh therapy" right now to get through these next few months. Everyone in our community is losing it over the 2 day rumour. I won't believe it until the CCAA website changes.
I am glad though, to have Isabel's things around - they remind me that she will be here and that we are "expecting"!!! Most of her things are gifts from my SP's and they are so very special because of that too. Big hugs!!!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

As hard as this is for me...I must step away and realize how hard it is for you and my other friends who are waiting longer. I am sorry for being selfish and sad...for myself.

I love ya. I still, even after ALL of this - think once they get thru November (whenever that is) they will speed up.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

As hard as this is for me...I must step away and realize how hard it is for you and my other friends who are waiting longer. I am sorry for being selfish and sad...for myself.

I love ya. I still, even after ALL of this - think once they get thru November (whenever that is) they will speed up.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home