Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy St. Patrick’s Day



Hope everyone had a nice St. Pat’s weekend. Chris and I went with some friends to a St. Patrick’s dinner and dance held by the Knights of Columbus. The majority of people there were the older members of our parish, there were a few tables of people "our age". The older folks stay for dinner and then mosey out around 8:00. Anyway, for $20 per person you get a traditional Irish boiled dinner and all the beer you can drink........we were definitely there for the beer. Our friends live close to the church so we walked to the festivities. I knew I had to drive us home so my intake of beverages was limited…but Chris on the other hand was feeling a strong need to celebrate his Irish heritage. Lets just say that at one point he thought that dancing might help him sober up a bit. I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my face. Now I know where Ben got his smooth dance moves! Not to scare anyone, but to just give you all a visual of the dance floor, at one point there were twenty middle class white people on the dance floor dancing to “Bootybootybooties rockin everywhere." It was a little scary, but also pretty freakin funny! There were quite a few very hung over people at 11:00 Mass today.

5 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

That sounds like my kinda gig...what...ya don't think middle-age white peeps can be bootylicious? ;0) Where's the video when you need it?

4:19 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh geesh, I'm still laughing at the thought of all those words together in one post....parish, people "our age", older folks, beer, church, dancing to sober up, middle class white people, bootybootybooties and hung over at 11:00 Mass!!!!

Gawd, I totally needed that crack up!

9:38 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

LOL! Hey what are friends for! Don't think I didn't notice the jello shots at your St. Pats festivities!!

Maryellen

10:17 PM  
Blogger Dannye said...

that sounded like it was loads of fun, and what a great designated driver you were!!!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Sounds like a blast!! A party is what you make it and it sounds like Chris made it a great party for you guys!! What fun!!

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home