Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do you Believe in Red Thread Moments?




We have had an exciting unexpected week. It really is all just starting to hit me…in waves. For the 200 new readers from yesterday (seriously that is what my counter said for the day yesterday!) I’ll save you some time and tell you our story. We logged in NSN 3/29/06. But the waiting children’s list tugged at me, and after quite a few days of back and forth discussion Chris and I asked our agency to please consider us for the their waiting children’s program. In April 2006 we were the number 8 family on the waiting children’s list. We have been called 3 times since first being added to the list, and each time Sophie was not on the list. Each time we were disappointed and we continued to wait.

On June 4th I received an email from Colleen asking me if we got a call from our agency about the WC list. I told her no that we shouldn’t get a new list until sometime in July. Our agency had just sent a new request in the second week of May. That nigh Colleen dreamt that we got our referral.

On June 5th I tell friends at work that I am not expecting to get a call any time soon. I am ok with that; I have convinced myself that it will all happen when it is supposed to happen. I get a call at school from our agency around 1:45 I think that Sophie has found us! Soon as school ends we head over to see Chris and open Sophie’s picture. I email friends and family trying to keep it calm. We need to find out a little more about her SN. In my heart I know that we have found each other. Crazy Colleen calls me screaming about her dream…I am so thankful for my friends that have shared this journey with us. We wait for Sophie’s file to be translated and sent. There is nothing in there that will change our minds.

On June 12th the doorbell rings and our mail carrier is holding Sophie’s file. Hannah and I run and get our camera so we can take a picture of Sophie being “delivered”. The mail carrier is very nice. I ask him his name and if he has delivered many babies? Of course he says no, but he figured we must have been adopting since he has delivered passports, and some adoption related mail. I show him Sophie’s picture and tell him she is from China. He replies “ my daughters are also from China.” Ummm What???!! Yes, he has two daughters from China 4 and 7 years old. For the record we live in a fairly small town, for you shoppers out there this might help put it in perspective, our mall doesn’t have a Gap. Our mail carrier has two daughters from China, a very odd coincidence or just another Red Thread Moment…..

14 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Any way about it, a very special moment.

We are all connected...sometimes it is just more obvious than others.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

I do believe - I do! What a wonderful story! So amazing!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Red thread moments are all around us!!! Keep recording them so Sophie knows just how she was meant to be part of the TBG clan!!!! Lucky girl!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

We are all so connected and it really is a small world! I wish the crap someone would dream of MY referral!!!

Lil' Hannah looks just like you in that photo! Thanks for the call yesterday, it was so much fun to chat about all those 'boy' things.. . ;0)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Friggin' awesome!!!!
yes, red thread moment!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I SOOOOO believe in the red thread stuff. (a) my dream. (b) the post I did tonite about Survivor China....

Somehow we are all/it is all connected. Very very cool.

Can't believe how much Hannah looks like you! She is so pretty.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh my god, what a great post!
I'm so happy for you and totally believe that the right baby will be known to you.
The story about your mail carrier, that is just freaky!
I love synchronicity like that.

10:27 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

A heartwarming story.

So happy for you!

Keep smilin!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Tao's Mommy said...

CONGRATS on your beautiful daughter!! I didnt know you swithced to the WC program. Thats the program I'm with too!!!
Our mall doesnt have a gap either (love how your worded that) but we do have about 12 girls adopted from China......it is a small world!!
YAYYYY...so when do you think you will travel?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for making my cry.Its amazing..we have had a few of those moments since LID>.

Yeah!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Hi another NC'er here =)! I wanted to congratulate you on your (unexpected) referral!! She is beautiful! The Red Thread is SO special to us all that have or are going through this amazing journey, everytime i look at my sister i believe in the red thread even more! Its amazing!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting times! Congratulations!!
Stephanie
www.forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

2:51 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

OMG, thank you so much for the tears welling up in my eyes right now.... Not sure how I missed this post earlier, but BOY am I glad to have read it!!! :)

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home