Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Our Letter of Intent for Sophie is off to China today! It took forever to get to our agency. The wrong zip code was entered so I kept getting emails about attempts to deliver.....which of course sent me inot major freak out mode. ( Lets all take a moment and thank God that I am married to a man of infinite patience) Basically Sophie's letter was within 20 minutes of our agency and was delivered this morning. I got an email later today telling me that our letter was off to China.

Chris also sent off Sophie's care package. We will try to send her one each month until we are able to travel. This time I sent a photo album with labels for each picture in Chinese, Jelly Belly candy for her care takers, a little stuffed animal that Hannah has been sleeping with, bubbles for the kids, and 2 little summer outfits and a camera with her name written on it. I don't expect that we will get anything back, although many families have gotten their camera's back with pictures so I am hopeful. If you have any other ideas of things I can send, post a comment. I am open to suggestions!

Now we wait for our LOA (letter of acceptance). I am hoping that this goes quickly since we are already through review. We will just have to wait and see, but we are anticipating waiting 60-90 days until we travel.

11 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

The care package is fun to put together isn't it?? How cute Hannah wanted to put those stuffed animals in that she has been sleeping with. Big milestone huh?? Now....some more waiting. BUT...not long!

5:55 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

WOOHOO! I hope you hear good news quickly.

6:19 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

YEEEHAWWW! I love the photo image, it says it perfectly.

Hope you hear back real soon!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad its on its way to CHina!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Closer and closer and closer!!!!!

I cant' wait to put a care package together one day :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Oh! How exciting!! I hope the letter travels quickly and news comes soon!!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Maryellen did they help you with the LOI? Just wondering!!! Wishing you a speedy TA, to heck with the LOA!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Good stuff!!! Hope the wait is short!

Keep smilin!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's nice to read about the next step of the journey. Good idea about the camera, hope they take lots of pictures.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

Yipee!

Our PA came in 3 days. Here's to a speedy LOA for the both of us.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Bobby and Regina said...

I know you are excited!! It seems much more real, when we can send them something that they can use to get to know us, and to know they have a mom and dad coming soon to love them FOREVER!!!
Congratulations on your LOI being sent to China!!

Regina

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home