Monday, June 18, 2007

Details....


I can't seem to post that picture enough! Anyway here are some details on our girl. She is from DaTong City, in the Shanxi Province. She was born on May 4, 2006. She is attached to her caregiver, and gets excited when she sees food. She seems to be developmentally on target, and smiles when you tease her. Her favorite thing to do is to be held or carried by her caregiver and to be taken outside to play.

Our agency should get our LOI tomorrow, then they will send it to the CCAA. That begins another wait for LOA (letter of acceptance) and TA. The average wait for travel is about 90 days give or take. That would likely put us traveling some time in September. I am working on a care package for Sophie and hope to have that out by the end of the week. I had a letter to the director of her SWI translated over at Research-China. They were very fast and affordable.

A big thank you to Colleen for the very cute little outfit for Sophie. I would post a pic but it is in the laundry! I will have to post one later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Cute picture.. Hope your TA arrives soon.
Kim

12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that info with us!!! HOw lovely!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I am so excited for you guys and I hope your TA arrives SOON!

7:39 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Thanks for letting us in on the details. I'm waiting, waiting on that TA :0)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

It is so exciting! Sophie is such a sweet little girl. I hope that TA comes quickly!!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's awys hurry up and wait huh? But atleast your lineis moving. She is so precious. I like that you keep posting her picture.

10:47 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Awww, I can't get enough of her either! She's divine!

I hope you get a speedy TA....and, yet....another wait begins!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Sophie is just the cutest little girl!!! Post that pic as many times as you like!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I am just SO happy for you! Thanks for sharing her details!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home