Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ready or Not......

How can I not be ready, I have had 15 months to prepare! I walked around Target yesterday with my "mega list" and felt overwhelmed and not prepared. Sure it doesn't help any that we don't know when we will travel. LH sent our travel packet last week, and we will submit our documents and photos for our Visa's as well as our room requests for the the hotels we will be staying in while in China. I have not had one shot. Ben and Hannah both are up to date on their vaccines, but I need to arrange for them to get the Hep A vaccine. I guess I should get started on my Hep B and Hep A vaccines, although I won't finish the series for the Hep B in time for our trip. I really need to get my act together.

On another note the number of medicines recommended on my "mega list" is a little crazy. I am going to bring Tylenol, Motrin, a broad spectrum antibiotic, and Elmite. Most OTC meds aren't recommended for children under 2 years old anyway, and I am worried that Sophie could have some weird reaction to the meds while we are in China. That would not be good. I will talk it over with our pediatrician and get his imput. As for the rest of us, I will bring the usual stuff and a broad spectrum antibiotic. I am going to end up with a suitcase that in comparable to a CVS!

Well I am off to work on checking things off my "mega list." That is the title of the packing list that I have saved to my desktop for 15 months. I have no idea where I found it. It is a nice spread sheet with a box to check things off as you purchase or pack them for your trip. I really need to get my act together.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Please post everything you do from now til flight time so I can learn from you. You walk a few steps ahead and I have my eyes on you, that way I wont miss a thing either.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

Oh yes, I have my spreadsheet as I walk around the store too. Very overwhelming! How the heck are we supposed to pack all this stuff?

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! I couldn't get my act together and the night we got TA we were in Target throwing everything we could think of in the cart... wiped out the medicine and baby aisles!

You'll be fine. It does help to have it with you so you don't have to look for it, but really, if you forget something you can find it there.

Don't forget trail mix or something for the plane/layovers.

1:08 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Breathe! It will all come together.

7:20 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Go carry on only! Come on...give it a whirl! hehe.... ;0)

I need to get my act together. Everyday I say I'm going to schedule shots and then I don't...I guess I figure that I will never get to China!

8:48 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Ask for the "twin rx", it's Hep A and B together, and even after one shot you'll have some immunity. Plus it's nice not having to get 2 shots.

Hang in there!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hubby won't let me prepare. He says we have to wait! But I did find a cute purse on clearance....and I bought it! Emily owns a purse!

I can see myself at Target the night before the flight!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

If it helps you feel better?? I leave tomorrow and am still not done checking off my dag list! The medicines are NUTS - but I would rather have it all and be safe. There is NO WAY we will make the 44 lbs. Nope. Not happening. And ya know what? Can't stress about it. Can't. You will get there...just chip away at it here and there.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure we didn't bump into each other at Target? I was the one with my nose in my list too!!
Stephanie
forksandchopsticks.wordpress.com

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home