Sunday, February 25, 2007

TBG Happenings Weekend Update!

We started our weekend off celebrating Ben’s 12th birthday! It is hard to believe that he is already 12 years old. He will be going off to college in 5 years!!!! Ben decided that he wanted to go to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner; you know the kind where they cook at your table. Chris’ Mom and Dad joined us for dinner and cake at our house after. This was the first year of no big birthday party for Ben. He had a friend come over on Saturday to hang out and play video games, shoot aero soft guns at squirrels from the roof(don’t ask), and to eat as much junk food as two 12 year old boys could in one afternoon.

Here is a picture of Ben at work as a telemarketer....just kidding :)


Here is our 12 year old son playing with his birthday present XBOX Live. He can only play it on the weekends and it is only hooked up in the family room.


This weekend also marked the transition from one sport to the next. Ben finished up basketball Saturday and starts lacrosse next weekend. Hannah finished basketball last Saturday and started soccer practice. There is no rest….

We received out fingerprint appointment for next weekend. Our fingerprints expire in April. Wait, let me rephrase that: Our fingerprints are still the same as they were last year, our fingerprint approval expires in April. We will be heading to Charlotte after we drop the kids off at their respective practices!


On Saturday some friends that we have not seen in forever stopped by for a quick visit. They have decided to join the ranks of smart Yankees and are moving to NC from the chilly north. We had a great visit and it will be nice to have them close by.

Sunday was cold and rainy. So we hung around the house most of the day, I did laundry and putoff working on a presentation that have Monday after school. Hannah and I are looking forward to watching the Oscar’s red carpet fashions. I only saw one of the nominated movies, Little Miss Sunshine, which I highly recommend by the way.


Our agency is hoping to receive the next group of children the first week of March. I am trying not to be too nuts. LOL! If we don’t hear from them this week I am hoping for a call next week. I am so ready; I could leave for China with 5 minutes notice!

Hope everyone has a great week. I'm hoping to hear good news for all of you with end of October Lids and early November Lids. Especially for you Colleen and Jim !! We are all pullin for ya!

Oh one more thing...Hello to my visitor from Iceland!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Pug Mama said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!!!
oh how time flies, my daughter will be 12 this summer.

8:15 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! He looks smilin' happy about that X-Box.

Can you stand it? I am about to pee with the wait on Colleen and Jim's little Hannah.

8:27 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Happy 12th Birthday to Ben! I haven't heard of XBOX Live....yet. Sounds like a perfect birthday for a 12 yr. old boy, I'm impressed he wanted to go to a Japanese Steakhouse, such good taste!

Your right, no rest at all for us sport moms! It's 9 and we are just starting baseboards, back to work and BB game tmrw...sigh, what happened to my weekend???

I say, "BRING ON THE REFERRALS~!!!"

8:55 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Loved "Little Miss Sunshine", we couldn't stop laughing and I laugh LOUDLY!!!
Can't wait to see the fashions - so glamorous!! Sounds like Ben had my kind of birthday - good friends, lots of fun, good food and family. People born in February are amazing, at least we think so!!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Happy Bday Ben!! He is such a handsome little guy!!

OMG - Connie makes me so silly with her "pee" comments. Love her.

Thanks for routing for us...I am not very optimistic tho.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, my boys are going to be so jealous when the see this X-box... green with envy!

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home