Sunday, February 11, 2007

Get Lost!


You would think with all the running around that I do that when I stopped going to the gym it wouldn't make much of a difference.....WRONG! I decided to weigh myself today….my pants have feeling a little tighter lately. I have not been going to the gym because the family stuff has me on the run! I did not like what I saw. I knew I had put on a few pounds because I have been much more tired lately, stressed and have not been going to the gym. About 2 years ago I lost about 35 pounds, just from changing my diet and going to the gym 6 days a week. I felt great. I had tons of energy. But the trick was I had to be first on my list. This is the hardest part of dieting for me. I can watch my calorie intake, I like to exercise most of the time, it’s the making sure I get dinner on the table before 7:00 as well as my othere Mommy stuff that gets me every time. Now Chris doesn’t care when or what we eat, and he will help me any way that he can. This is self-imposed expectation. I just need to figure out the best way to get everyone to where they need to be and get myself in order so our evenings are not insane. Exercising in the morning just won’t work for me; I am not an A.M. kind of girl. So with that being said Monday is the day. Back to writing down everything I eat, counting calories and going to the gym. Both kids have games at the YMCA tomorrow night. We will just have to go early so I can workout first and then catch their games. I am sure they will live. I am off to go make my healthy low calorie lunch and get my snacks together for tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Love the cartoon. I wish you luck and I know how it sucks.

One would think with my near-hyperactivity that I would way about 12 pounds. Uh, not. No fair I say but nothing works better than an arse in gear and making top-priorty time to exercise.

I like evenings now for that but I also love to be outdoors and that is not so practical right now...brrrr and ice!

Thinking of ya.

10:00 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

That cartoon made me laugh! What a hoot!

I hear ya girlfriend, I need some desire to go with my workout and calorie counting. I felt fantastic one year ago, how did I gain 15 lbs back???? ARGH!

10:17 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Good for you! We have the treadmill and the key is getting a routine going.

Keep smilin!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I could have written that post!!! I am back on the diet thing as well, but I need to find the motivation to get the excercise in!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Ahh...good luck. Its so hard, I know. I'm so glad that we made a gym in our lower level. I work out in the morning because I won't do it at night. But I took the last 2 weeks off for lack of sleep! I started back in today. It was horrible..........

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryellen, you can do it. I have seen you do it. I get to the gym 6:30 am 3 times a week. If your old mother can do it, her pretty daughter can do it also. You will feel so much better and more enegy to run around with your babies. And run you do....OMG Can't wait to see you and your gang with my visit during my next vacation. I love you no matter what you weigh, and so will all your friends and loved ones......Mom

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home