Friday, March 07, 2008

Springing Forward

I hate that I (we) are losing an hour of sleep this weekend, but lucky for me I will be with my handsome husband here. Chris and I love Asheville. The food (this is where we will be having dinner Saturday night), the galleries, just being able to walk around and duck into a pub for a locally brewed beer is just our speed. I am a little nervous about being away from Sophie, but it is only for one night, we will be only a few hours away and Grandma and Pada (thats TBG for grandpa)will be hanging out with Ben, Hannah and Sophie.

We have finally found our groove as a family a five. Chris and I have tried to take time for ourselves, but as many of you know it is hard. It is hard to find the time for a romantic dinner between soccer, lacrosse and school. But we also know that it is essential for us as a couple to stay connected. This is a special treat for us from Chris's family. Matter of fact this was Chris's 40th birthday present, which works out pretty good for me! I am looking forward to spending time with my husband, sharing some great food,beer,conversation and for about 24 hours...uninterrupted time together.

Enjoy your weekend!

12 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time alone with your hubs.

Keep smilin!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Have fun!
Hope ya get lucky... (wink)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Have a wonderful time! Sounds PERFECT!

I think Ryan and I are going to have to visit Asheville. My parents go there at least once a year, they love it.

ENJOY!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Have a great time!! Time out for just the 2 of you is so important to a marraige and for a family. Enjoy!

7:27 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Uninterrupted conversation? Now that is something to look forward to. Enjoy your time together! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Have a wonderful time. Going away together is truly an investment in your marriage. Enjoy it!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

that sounds fantastic!!! Have a great time - very much deserved for both of you.

Heather

10:07 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Have a wonderful time!!!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Sounds like you 2 have a perfect night planned- hope the whole weekend is wonderful :)

And we change our clocks THIS weekend??? Good thing I read your post!

11:16 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Enjoy YOUR weekend...sounds like a winner!

(PS: Usually I don't, but this year I like the clock moving...one less hour of night call time for me ;0)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow that is what I need, we never leave the kids.....Bruce and I definetly need some alone time!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Wow - sure does sound like a great time. Hope you enjoyed!!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home