Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday Night...

As I write this there are seven 13 year old boys sprawled out in my family room making way to much noise (really what was I thinking). So far they have eaten me out of house and home, they have had a bon fire out in the fire pit, ate burgers and brats, ordered pizza, drank two 12 packs of caffine free Dr.Pepp*r, the police have stopped by ( the boys went for a "walk" and we just a little to loud for our neighbors.....it was only 7:00), I have made my threat of lights out if I have to come out of my room more than once....or they can get in my car and I can bring them home. I thought that 4 hours at the paint ball park in the fresh air would make them tired....wrong again. Happy Birthday Ben, we love you.....tonight proves it!

On the other hand I have purchased a special doll for Sophie's first family day. We are not planning on making a big deal every year of her "TBG day". I remember reading on ApC a post about a child that was adopted and just hated celebrating her gotcha day because it reminded her every year that she was adopted and different than her other sibs. It just made sense to us, but I do want to mark her first year here home. These dolls are so lovely it was hard to chose, but Lucy just seemed to be the doll for Sophie. Please go and visit the newest additions to Stephanie's store, but be prepared, they are hard to resist!

7 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

LOVE that doll, and you know, I never thought about the "hating Gotcha day for the reminder of being different" aspect - and I think I agree, actually. Thanks for that!

BTW, just wanted to say that no, I haven't forgotten about your header my dear - or about you either! I'm just the worlds best procrastinator is all...lol...

Love ya girl! Miss you!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I was JUST on Jinkins site! I LOVE her work. Love the dolls!

I never thought about celebrating 'Gotcha' day. That is a very good point - children do hate to be singled out as different.

Have a good week.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOVE the doll.. Went over to get Isabella one.. and someone already took Isabella doll..
Hope there is another one out soon..
Have fun with all those boys..
Happy Sunday..

10:44 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Your a brave momma, that's for sure!

I totally agree with you on the Gotcha Day & planned on handling it the same way. Those dolls are adorable & expensive!

10:51 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

You ARE one brave mama...so much teen boy in the house...whew! I'm sure Ben is loving every moment of it though.

Those dolls are beautiful. I was lingering over them yesterday but decided to hold out to be SURE I have a girl before dolling up the house anymore.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hopefully you survived the night. :0)

Love the doll. We aren't going to do much a out Gotcha day either.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Maia said...

I just checked out the website...CUTE stuff!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home