Friday, August 17, 2007

Back to Work Monday.....



School for teachers starts Monday. I had to move all my stuff to a new classroom....or half of a room at the end of the school year. I have been working unpacking my room for the last few weeks while Hannah was at soccer practice. My room is all set for kids. The first week back is filled with meetings and trying to get my schedule set for the year. I am sad that summer is over....but it looks like I will only work for about two weeks then head to CHINA to bring Sophie Home! We are all excited. I have packed Sophie's stuff and Hannah is working on packing her carry on right now!

Do any of you remember "Free to Be You and Me" with Marlo Thomas??? When my sister and I were little we used to listen to this record ALL the time! That is Rosey Greer singing. I am pretty sure he was a big football player in the 70's

Well I am off to enjoy my last day of summer vacation.......

9 Comments:

Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess said...

BIG time congratulations on TA and going :D I think with school, those two weeks will just fly by~~~

12:53 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

DID YOU GET TA???????????????

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Yay you're going to China!!
Can't wait to watch your travel adventures unfold and watch you bring beautiful Sophie home.

5:19 PM  
Blogger ~ Alison said...

I know your pain =) My a$$ is square from sitting in meetings/training all week. We get kids on Monday.

I can imagine that leaving for China in 2 weeks may take some of that pain away!! We're so excited for you!!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Ahead and cry... I'm going back after being home since April!! I could get use to not working. Oh Well not in my cards. Happy packing and I'll talk to you soon. Helen liked your song.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have a week left of vacation. I will be in New Hampshire. Then a week of workshops, then Labor Day weekend in RI for a Music Festival, then yes, back to the classroom. I am looking forward to it and received my class list 26 kids Yikes!!! But then.....going to NC to meet ((((Sophie)))) with lots of hugs and kisses. Can't wait....love you, Mom

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Loved "Free to Be", I was actually in a few school plays based on it!! I was the "Girl Baby" once and I was a letter reader!! Too fun!! You always bring up the BEST memories of childhood... I still have the link to "Two little girls"!!
Can't wait to follow your journey to Sophie!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Holy crap this video made me laugh...lol. "it's alright to cry..." lol... You're a whacko - in the bestest of ways :) Lova ya!

9:01 AM  
Blogger aimeeg said...

Those first two weeks will fly with thoughts of Sophie!!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home