Thursday, July 26, 2007

Soon Baby Girl



We got our LOA Monday. A waiting family with our agency just got their TA, and "only" waited 16 days. So if ours comes just as quickly we are probably looking at traveling the first week of September. The kids go back to school August 27th, I go back the 20th (I think!). I'll have 2 weeks of work before we go which is good, it will give me a chance to get my schedule in place before we leave. I have also found a sub! This is huge and finding a sub has be causing me MAJOR stress. My sub is a certified teacher who said " don't worry about lesson plans, let me just know the objectives for the weeks you will be out are and I will do the LP's." Huge relief on so many levels for me, someone I can trust with my kiddos while I'm out and someone who is easy to work with. Hannah used to play soccer with her daughter and we have had many chats about school and teaching. I am so happy that she will cover my class while I am home with Sophie.

16 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Going fast girl! I'll be crossing my fingers for your T.A. to hurry up and get here already!!! I am so excited for ya'll, can't wait to see that little cutie!
Lots of hugs I'm sending your way!
HHHUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!

10:37 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I hope it all goes without a hitch and you get to your Sophie girl with as little stress as possible.

I'll be watching for more news :-)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

That must be a HUGE relief. I know it is more work to be out of school, and very stressful when you don't have a good sub. At least you have that covered ~ YEAH!!!

I hope that TA is here before you know it!

HUGS!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

That's great news! Now let's hope you get to China soon for that beautiful Sophie.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

OMG.. 16 days. That is awesome for those folks. I hope your TA comes as quickly!

I can't believe you have to find your own sub. (of course, I'm not a teacher so maybe this is the norm)

Bring on the TA... Sophie needs her Momma!!!

7:05 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

Wooohooo! I'm so glad that everything is coming together! Here's to a speedy TA!

8:32 AM  
Blogger ~ Alison said...

Wow - the sub situation sounds perfect!! It's nice not to have to worry (or prep).

Let's go TA!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

WOO HOO!!! That is great!!! I am so glad that you were able to get LOA and a Sub. Life is good!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is great news!!!

Keep smilin!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats Maryellen! Thanks also for all the help and advice you have given us!!

Praying for a speedy TA for you!

Now ask your sub if she'll cover my daycare for me....hee hee

1:33 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

WOW! It will be here before you know it!!! So excited for you. Keep us posted. Let me know if you have an specific questions that I can answer for ya on the travels!

4:57 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I'm just SO excited for you... it seems so close, I can't believe we're in August NEXT WEEK. (Next thing you know I'll be cursing doing all that last minute xmas shopping)....

11:00 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

PS. Congrats on your LOA!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

Congrats! I hope we are not far behind you! How many days did it take? We are on day 52 right now.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Sounds like everything is going along as planned... you will be home with Sophie before you know it!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger polkadot said...

Oh my. Her photo stopped me dead in my tracks. She is such a beautiful, teeny little one. Fast travels to you.

Congrats on the LOA. We're LID 5/29 for a SN referral of a son.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home