Monday, September 25, 2006

Some Good Things About the Wait......

What??? You are now convinced that I have lost my mind. What could possibly be good about the wait for our daughter??? Now don't get me wrong, I never said I liked the wait. I don't like it...Nope, not one tiny bit. But having said that, there are some good/pleasant things about the wait.

1. Secret Pal exchanges. Most DTC groups have this swap. Each month the same anonymous person sends you gifts for the little munchkin. There usually is a theme, such as bedtime, animals, books etc. My secret pal is awesome. She has sent lots of cute and thoughtful gifts for Sophie. Here is what she sent us this month.


2. "Meeting" fellow waiting parents and bloggers. ( I use the term blogger loosely when referring to myself, some of the family's blogs are very creative). I have met many different people on this journey, families from California, Florida, Canada, CT, Massachusetts, South Carolina, and other NC families. It is fun to see how we all deal with the wait, and how excited this "community" gets when referrals come out. I am going to add my favorites to visit this weekend.

3. Any other exchanges offered by your yahoo! DTC group. I did the book swap...Silly me, thought it was for grown-ups. I did it for one month and did receive some nice books for Sophie. I am also doing a hair bow swap. Fun and cute. I just signed up for a bib swap that starts next month. And if my FAMILY doesn't step it up with the quilt squares I may need to join a quilt square swap!



4. Referral day. This day can be a little tough. I am usually at my most impatient as the rumors circulate about referrals coming. But....it is so great to see all these new families and their babies! I stalk, I mean check the referral list from other sites. It is fun to see all these cute little Chinese faces!

5. Time to prepare. I know, I know...... I have had Hannah and Sophie's room finished since December!! But this little bit of time gives us the opportunity to save some $$$$ for our trip, and get our ducks in a row.

That is all I can come up with. I am trying to stay in a positive place. I realize that we will meet Sophie when we are supposed to meet her. This is a process, one that will not be rushed, no matter how impatient and how strong our desire to have our daughter home to us. For those of you who are reading this and waiting please feel free to add any other good things that you can come up with......I made need more next month!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Oh I so know the feeling and I am afraid I am not in a place to post much positive right now. Other than the great friendships we are lucky enough to come across thru this wait. VERY lucky!!!

I just can't imagine that one day for real it will be us! I cannot wait for those days that the people that we create these amazing bonds with get their referrals - what an amazing day that will be!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Hear hear! It is hard to fing the silver lining but we must! If not to keep our sanity but just to get through this period.

Keep smilin!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryellen,
Hip!Hip!Hourra! to you!
I'll take some of your "positiveness" and brush off some of my "negative" thoughts!
Keep on smiling!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OK, another good thing about the wait...

...

Ok really... it gives you more time to dote on Lillie-Kat?

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home