Monday, September 04, 2006

In Need of a 12 Step Program








It seems that the TBG girls (Hannah and Mommy) may need to find a 12 step program to stop the shopping for Sophie. Yep, that Sophie. The little girl who lives in China, that we have no idea how old she is, or how much she weighs, or how tall she is or what she looks like!! As you look at the wardrobe we have gathered, I want ya'll to know that most, if not all of it was CHEAP!! Super end of season sales, "too good to leave" kind of things. The Christening gown was the first thing that we bought for Sophie (ok not on sale but not too expensive). Chris and I bought it when we were in San Francisco's China Town. Isn't it beautiful??! I only put pictures on of the clothes we have bought, we have a stroller, a car seat and 2 diaper bags, and we have only been DTC since March!! All this, and I decided this past Friday that I wasn't going to buy anything else new! I am going to go to the kids consignment shop in town and buy things there. This way if it is the wrong size when we are in China I can swap it or give it to someone else. I think I need to stop until we get our referral. But it helps a little bit. It helps us remember despite the long wait that Sophie is real. We really are going to go to China and bring her home. We really are going to have a little munchkin in our home again. The long wait is just that, long. But we know Sophie will be here with us soon, why else would we be buying her all this cute stuff?!?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Love all the outfits!! I know how it is to shop - not know sizes, what season you are traveling...blah blah....but it somehow helps to buy them anyway. Especially when the deals are so good!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mar you can't blame Hannah!!! Everything is so cute.

Patti

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home