Monday, June 09, 2008

So What Did You Think???



***Spoiler Alert****

I went to see the new "Sex and the City" movie yesterday with some friends. We were celebrating one of the girls birthday. I liked the movie...mindless entertainment. After the movie we went out for dinner and here I am surrounded by smart, confident women and they are all so happy that Carrie and Big get married at the end of the movie. Really??? This was a good ending??? True love my ass! " They have been through so much"....yea because Big is a jerk. He has serious commitment issues.... and he treated her like crap. I wouldn't want my daughters ( when they are old enough) to see this movie and think that a man can LEAVE YOU AT THE ALTAR and still be your "true love". I cried when Carrie beat Big with her beautiful wedding bouquet, screaming " I knew you would do this to me!" and Charlotte protecting her friend. Loved that scene.

How about Carrie's new assistant "Louise from St.Louis". Was this the best African American woman character the writers could come up with?? Never mind the acting was awful....

I liked Miranda's story line. I loved how it ended...cried then too!

I guess it is good to be Charlotte. Only thing that really bugged me was the line "I'm pregnant, can you believe it?? Everyone says that once you stop trying or you adopt then you will get pregnant!" Really....ya think???

Samantha was well Samantha. Cracked me up that she ate so she wouldn't cheat. I would have been happy to see Samantha be happy in a relationship, but I liked how she decided to leave for "herself". I liked the part where Samantha says that she is staying with her boyfriend because he stayed with her through her chemo...and Carrie said "sweetheart you just compared your relationship to cancer...."

I liked the movie it was a fun time with the girls! So what did you think???

6 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

I loved it!

It is a good movie. Not a film...but a good movie.

Keep smilin!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Loved it. Really LOVED it!
But I'm a huge fan. Have seen every episode multiple times and own the DVD collection.

PS. I'm glad Carrie & Big got married at the end. I think the story line was perfect. And Carrie should have seen him freaking out over the wedding getting so huge. Even I saw that one coming. And I'm not his freakin girlfriend! LOL!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

PS. When my BFF and I were in NYC last Oct. We walked right by where that scene had just been shot. The rose petals were still in the street! And the camera crew was packing up. Unfortunately, all the stars had made it back to their trailers. :(

10:45 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Sweetheart, you really should have opted for the cocktails BEFORE the movie.....jeez.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

OK you just ruined it for me, I haven't seen it yet! :)

But I am glad to know they get married, I LOVE BIGZ!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Maia said...

I haven't seen it (nor will I...we rarely find time for movies lately, so no worries on the spoiler) but i agree with you: Big is a jerk and there's no good lesson in that "happy ending".

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home