Monday, April 21, 2008

Wednesday is Going to be Big....

Two big things happening this week in TBG land. First I have been asked to come and talk to Ben's social studies class about our trip to China and Sophie's adoption. (They are studying China) The kids are going to watch N.G. China's Lost Girls on Tuesday and hopefully come up with some good questions to help move the discussion along Wednesday when I visit. I was going to try to come up with some fanch shmancy little power point....but I am hoping that it is more of a discussion than a lecture. I hope to cover China's family policy, our adoption journey (preparations etc.) ,our trip to China, and Chinese culture. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other big happenings Bill Cl*nton will be speaking at an area college! Stop rolling your eyes...I know he was a dog. But I will be able to bring my two big kids to go hear a former president speak! I am very excited about this and can't wait to bring Ben and Hannah with me! It is going to be close since I will be speaking with Ben's class, but I hope to be able to make it in time. He is only scheduled to speak for 30 minutes. Getting there might be tricky but we can walk from a few different friends homes that live near campus. Wish us luck!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

How exciting...
Sounds like a GREAT week...
Have fun..
Can't wait to hear about them both...

10:34 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Woohoo to you, speaker mama. What a great opportunity to educate Ben's class. That would be something I would love to do...alas, it will be pregnant women listening to my China tales. Hey, captive audience and all ;0)

Bill, huh? Hope all goes well. If you have trouble maneuvering just flash a cigar and say you're a personal friend ;0)

11:18 PM  
Blogger ~ Alison said...

What a great opportunity for Ben's class - good luck!! I've done the same for a few classes at my own school, & they went really well. I had no power point, the kids were more into a discussion. Their interest level really surprised me. Hope all goes well!

I'm a Clinton fan, I'd go in a heartbeat!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

That's pretty darn cool......

9:50 AM  
Blogger Moore, Moore, Moore! said...

Hey I am jealous about you getting to see Big Bill...If I'd been an intern in the white house, I would have flashed him my thong too! HAHA, I do think there is something SeXXXXy about him though! Good luck talking to Ben's class too, that sounds like fun.

3:14 PM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

hehehe Morgan.....you crack me up:)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

hope your time with Ben's class went well and you got to see former Pres. Clinton! It's exciting to see/hear a part of history.. dog or not!

2:27 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Oh can't wait to hear about the social studies presentation, that will be so much fun :O)

I'm glad the kids will get to experience seeing a former president.
That's pretty cool, even though he gives me the creeps :O)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home