Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Little of This and a Little of That

We had a nice weekend, it is January and the temps here is in the 70’s!! I would like a little bit of winter please! (I probably will regret those words!) It is typically in the 50’s at this time of year, and much cooler a night.

With the nice weather I thought it would be nice to go look at cars. I don’t really neeeed a car and just have want a new car. It all started when Chris totaled my dad’s car in November (he was ok, but it scared the crap out of me!) and after seeing a car seat safety video. My Durango is a 2000 and does not have the tether things for a car seat. So right now I am all about finding a safe car for my crew! I went to look at the new Durango’s and the salesman talked me into looking at a Grand Caravan. Ugh a minivan! I told him I thought I was too sexy for a mini van. (Yes, I seriously said that). Anyway, he laughed and told me he had one in red that he was sure I would love! I have to admit I liked it. It has a ton of room, seats that fold into wells in the car, tons of storage room. I liked the van. You can flip the back row of seats around when you are tailgating. I really liked this van. It had power doors on both sides and when it comes into contact with something it stops and goes back. No little fingers shut in the door. I did like the red. I am just not sure if I can do it! I swore I would never drive a granny grocery getter! But it had a lot of room. I could see me folding the back seat in so Sophie could play while Hannah played soccer in the rain. I have to think about this one. What do y’all think???





Here are some pictures from Christmas and Hannah’s club Libby lu birthday party. (Better late than never) Hannah had her last party this weekend with the G side of the family. We can now officially say Hannah’s birthday is over! Finally! Her birthday seems to go on and on. Being a December baby has definitely worked out for Hannah! Her party recap goes a little like this…12/26 Libby party and Chinese food with Massachusetts cousins, 1/31 sleepover party and a few games of bowling with two friends from school and finally her last party today with her NC family!

Hannah with her cousins Helen,Lillian and Emma

Birthday girl!

Helen and Emma

All made up!

Hannah’s birthday is just the beginning of the TBG birthday extravaganza. Chris’s birthday is next Friday, the big 39!! I already gave him his present. I nice recliner for him to watch the Gators school the Buckeye’s for the National Championship! (Sorry Tracy, Chris went to Florida). Ben will be twelve on February 23rd and my birthday is in March! We are hoping that Sophie is either a November or April baby!


Chris enjoying his early birthday present

7 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Heehee...love the pics. Hubs should at least be comfy when the Bucks make a purse and shoes of the Gators ;0) Oops...another Buckeye here!

Red is pretty (OSU color).

What do I think? You're gonna have your sexy self in a red granny grocery getter AND you're gonna love it!

11:30 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Sounds like a busy but really fun time.

Keep smilin!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Sing it with me.... "I'm too sexy for this van....to sexy for this van..." HA! Its Monday morning and I just made myself laugh! Seriously - if you like it and it is safe - GET IT! The sexiness will still be there!!

Love the pics. Too darn cute.

Jim hits the big 40 in a few weeks. Working on a party for him. There some $$$ I didn't plan on... EEEK!

9:24 AM  
Blogger TBG Happenings said...

That was funny Colleen...even made me laugh on a Monday morning!!

M

10:09 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

HEY! I just realized that I don't have you on the sidebar of my Blog! What is UP with that?? I know the answer...but can I add it? What a dork I am!

4:43 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Alrighty girlfriend, I'm going to be your only TRUE friend in this and say, "DON'T GET A MINIVAN!" There's no turning back when you cross that line. I admit, I thought I wanted a minivan, cuz of all the room, but now that the hubs forced me into my big ol' SUV, I couldn't be happier. In fact, I look at those mini van granny grocery getters and I feel emapathy for them. ;0) But if you do, you won't be alone, there's 5 bazillion red minivans on the road.;0)

Ummm, Chris will be snoozing in that chair by the end of the Buckeye butt beating dem Gators are going to take! GO BUCKS!

4:45 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh yea, "your to sexy for a van, too sexy for a van....."

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home