Monday, December 11, 2006

First Things First!

So are you lovin the new blog look or what! Thanks to Heather over at Digging a Hole to China for hookin’ us up! We love it. If you would like Heather to pimp your blog, her adoption fundraising link is the Headmiester blog design near the bottom of our blog.



Now for all of you wondering how girls scout camping went….we had a good time. Hannah and I stayed nice in warm in our new long johns and gloves. The bunkhouse was heated; I actually got up in the middle of the night to turn the heat down! We did not have a good night sleep but we did have a good time. Only bad thing that happened was that I did lose an earring, one of my diamond stud earrings that I wear every day. I did leave my other jewelry at home! So I guess this must mean that Chris will need to buy me BIGGER diamonds that are easier to find if they fall off! Seriously I had to keep myself from totally freaking out and of course having everyone say, “why did you wear your earrings camping??” didn't help much. ( so stop thinking that!) But all in all it was a fun trip.







Now for our big change. Hannah and I both cut our hair short last Thursday. Hannah cut off 12 inches of her hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I cut off 8 inches of my hair and donated it to Pantene’s Beautiful Lengths program. Both programs provide natural hair wigs for children or adults who have lost their hair due to their cancer treatments. I think I was more nervous than Hannah. I was really proud of her! She was excited to get her hair lopped off and even more anxious to get it in the mail to Locks of Love. So as you can see Hannah and I had quite the week together. We can’t wait for Sophie to join us in all of our girl fun!

7 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Toobad about the earring.

You guys look gorgeous with your new hairdos. That is a wonderful thing you both did.

Keep smilin!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Ooohh... so sorry to hear about the earing! Yup - time for bigger I guess...LOL!!

That is a GREAT picture of you and Hannah!! Love that you did that.

7:42 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Bummer on the earring. Yep, need some bigger diamonds so they won't get lost so easily! Good plan.

Love the short hair. You both carry it well and I thank you for donating to those who will benefit.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryellen and Hannah, you both look so beautiful. Hannah I am so proud of you!!! and Maryellen I am so glad you two had a great time. So sorry about the earring. Maybe Santa will bring you bigger studs or maybe after February and the settlement , I might even buy you a bigger pair. LOL. You two look GREAT!!! Love you all...Mom

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just love the header AND the fact that you two donated your hair. Very cool! - stephanie www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com

3:51 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

I don't think I'd take my diamonds out to go camping....thanks for the advance warning on what camping can do to your valuables.

Love the new do's! I think it is awesome that she donated it to Locks of Love.

You both look spectacular with short hair. You should show a photo of the before and after with you. I don't recall seeing the before.

9:25 PM  
Blogger t~ said...

Oh, I like the new blog look!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home