Monday, October 16, 2006

Friends, Food, Fun and Fire!



We had a fun weekend here in good ole' NC. Friday night we headed over to meet some friends over at a new brewery that opened here in town. It was fun. They still had a training menu, and our server could probably tell us more about where bud light was on sale as opposed to if the Indian Pale Ale was very bitter. But it was good to be out with friends....And of course having a night off KP isn't bad either. The family we went out with will be leaving for Vietnam in November to bring their daughter home. They were planning on adopting from China, but heard that things were s-l-o-w-i-n-g down ( ya think!!). They changed programs and submitted their dossier to Vietnam in September, were referred one month old little girl at the beginning of October and are going to Vietnam in November!!!! How's that for a speedy referral!! I have to be honest and say that even though Vietnam is faster (for the moment anyway), I have always believed that one of my children would be from China. So we celebrate for Christine, Jason and Alex and soon to be little Anika and wait for our Sophie.

In other "happenings" we had our good friends Heather, James and Lillie over for some Indonesian food, s'mores and a roaring fire out in the firepit. ( My camera didn't work so I "borrowed" this picture from Lillie's blog). It was great to see everyone, Lillie has changed so much since the last time we saw her. As for changes in James and Heather.....well they are like old pros! Relaxed, laid back parents with a sense of humor! Lillie came home with James and Heather in August. Heather and Lillie came by about a month ago and Lillie was doing great, a little cautious, but really adjusting well to her new life here in the U.S. The little munchkin that was at our house on Saturday was quite the explorer, she felt comfortable and was a little social butterfly. After awhile she put her arms up and wanted to sit on my lap! Melted my heart :) Hannah loved playing with her (for the record Hannah has about had it with waiting for her sister!) and I was happy that the pets were nice and calm around Lillie. I can't wait for Sophie to come home and play with Lillie and Hannah.

SEND A QUILT SQUARE MOM, DAD, JACK, KRISTIN, AUNTS, UNCLES AND COUSINS IN MA AND WISCONSIN!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger t~ said...

All my favorite F's!!!! Fun? Food? and Friends?...we don't make fire too often down here, but occasionally!

Vietnam wasn't an option when we submitted, it's so tempting though with the short wait. I have to agree with you though, our daughter is from China. I guess I'll wait for as long as it takes until we can bring her home. Thanks for the post, I needed to here someone else say it besides me.

Glad you had a fantastic weekend!

9:13 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is great but I can imagine it is hard to wait and wait. Great attitude you have!

Keep smilin!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

ooooh I love a Lillie appearance on your blog! Thanks for the compliments on our munchkin, we think she's doing great too!

We had a great time and can't wait for more S'Mores!

Heather

9:52 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh yes...I agree with Tracy - food, friends. fun.... I am glad you were able to spend time with such special people!!

We are getting closer...I feel it!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home