Sunday, January 14, 2007

10 Signs That The Wait Is Longer Than You Expected...

1. You know the wait is longer than you expected when you get a notice that your gift registry has expired and nothing has been bought, so here is a 10% off coupon. *Sigh*

2. People stop asking when you are going to China.

3. You start really thinking about how old you will be when your little girl is a senior in high school.

4. You have 6 weeks of vacation time because you have not taken a day off in 2 years!

5. The baby crib is full of secret pal gifts.

6. You only visit 2 of the 10 adoption boards you originally joined.

7. You have gained weight.

8. You start to think maybe ladybug stuff is "cute"

9. You belong to so many swaps on your DTC yahoo! group that you don't know who gets bows or bibs this month!

10. Your kids know who Colleen ,Tracy, and Connie are!


****Check out Connie and Melissa's lists! funny stuff!!

10 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

...and you have that bug-eyed computer glazed look from constantly checking for good news...or ANY news.

Great list and thanks for the smile!

12:17 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

That is so funny and sadly so true!

Very original!

Keep smilin!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

What a great list!!!!I love the first one. It was suggested that I join a diaper website and you plug in the month you are expecting - well, I had tons of birth congratulations and coupons last fall!! Too funny. I passed them on!!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryellen, please don't get discouraged because Sophie is waiting for you. She really is and the time you spend waiting will be rewarded with a beautiful smile from an adorable little one. Honest!!! I am waiting anxiously for my granddaughter and I know she is waiting for us too. So hang in there and you have lots of friends and family in your corner. Love you, Mom

11:17 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

OMG that is funny!! Well...funny but NOT funny!!

PS - that comment from your Mom made me cry! Love her. Wish my Mom commented on mine.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

SOOOO funny and sadly soooo true. Even right down to kids knowing Tracy, Colleen, and Connie! I did one of these top 10 lists also the other day.

9:14 AM  
Blogger t~ said...

That is a hoot! Sadly, they are all true!

9:35 AM  
Blogger aimeeg said...

Very, very true! I'm sadly shaking my head in agreement at almost all of those. Thanks for sharing!

9:37 AM  
Blogger wzgirl said...

Great list! I can relate to most although we gave up on building the crib - momentum stopped in that area. Our secret pal gifts have been overflowing the hallway closet!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

#8 killed me!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home