Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Freaking out.....Good thing I am married to Chris!!!

It really is a good thing I am married to Chris ( I wonder if he feels the same about me...hmmmm :) Anyway I "frequent" this adoption rumor site. It is a horrible addiction that I have developed. Most of the current rumors are about wait times. A good number of people who post on this site have been waiting almost 12 months for their referrals. Most started the process thinking it would be a 6 month wait. When we started we were told in was around 6-8 months so an increase to 10-12 months isn't huge. But anyway, recent post keep talking about the wait going to 22 months!!! Are you kidding me!! I freaked out and called Chris at work and begged him to call our agency. At this writing they have not called him back yet. I am sure there are people calling and emailing them every day about the wait. Chris is calm ( as usual...leaves the freaking out to me). He is convinced that we will get our referral late December or March the latest. I hope he is right!!! 22 months is a long time, never mind the paperwork we would have to do over.......ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home